13.50 tire on 8.5 wheel

TJBrad04

I have a set of 37x13.50r17 KM3s on order and will be mounting them on some 17x8.5 beadlocks.

BFG says they will work on 8.5"+ wheel.... I'm just afraid they might look a little goofy....

Anyone running a similar setup?

I'm tempted to just get the 12.50 just to be safe.....

I had Toyo 35x13.5x15's on Allied 8" wide rims.
IMG00323.jpg

IMGP0433.jpg

Reactions: xxdabroxx
looks great, thank you!

how do the air springs work compared to coils?

The ORO Air Rock system is great for where I live and wheel. We have a lot of sidehill trails here in the PNW and being able to lean to the uphill side makes them seem not as bad. I have a bad leg so being able to lower the Jeep for getting into and out of it really helps.
When I first installed it I did so because I like the novelty of it. The ride is a lot smoother than coils which is really nice when going up some of the forest service roads to trail heads. Being able to adjust your height is great when going over obstacles. My only real complaint is that the front end can get a little light when trying to climb steep hills.
Some of that I think is the suspension I currently have on my TJ and then also is the shocks that are on it.

The only other issue is that you can damage them if you haven't checked for clearance of all your parts.... ;):confused: So far I have cut two air bags.

Glad I could help some. I think a 13.5 wide tire looks just fine on a 8" rim.

Reactions: TJBrad04
What axles are you running? No axle that came from the factory on a Wrangler TJ is up to 37" tires, at least if you're running them on trails that require something that big.

The ORO Air Rock system is great for where I live and wheel. We have a lot of sidehill trails here in the PNW and being able to lean to the uphill side makes them seem not as bad. I have a bad leg so being able to lower the Jeep for getting into and out of it really helps.
When I first installed it I did so because I like the novelty of it. The ride is a lot smoother than coils which is really nice when going up some of the forest service roads to trail heads. Being able to adjust your height is great when going over obstacles. My only real complaint is that the front end can get a little light when trying to climb steep hills.
Some of that I think is the suspension I currently have on my TJ and then also is the shocks that are on it.

The only other issue is that you can damage them if you haven't checked for clearance of all your parts.... ;):confused: So far I have cut two air bags.

Glad I could help some. I think a 13.5 wide tire looks just fine on a 8" rim.
How do you know when you are aired up to correct ride height? A specific psi? Some sort of control switch? And for side hills how do you move the air to one side to help with lean? Sorry, just real curious.

How do you know when you are aired up to correct ride height? A specific psi? Some sort of control switch? And for side hills how do you move the air to one side to help with lean? Sorry, just real curious.

I'll start a new thread about the AirRock so we don't clog up this one.