1997 TJ 2.5 making squealing sound while warming up

Given the condition that engine looks in (and the sound), I'm going to guess the serpentine belt needs replacing, but also it's more than likely the idler puller bearings, or possibly even the alternator.

Spray something like WD40 at each of the components while it's making this noise. Do it one-by-one until one of them (or several) makes the sound go away. That will be how you find your culprit.

Yeah I picked this up used with about 124k miles a few weeks ago, and it doesn't help it's a Canadian Jeep. Mostly just a woods rambler but that noise is driving me nuts. Looks like you're on the same train I have been with the idler or the alternator.

Exterior is pretty good but the engine is extra rough for 124k. But you get what you pay for at $4800. :)

48415808_336971407140027_2416320082146754560_n.jpg

Reactions: lunchbox3
I am having the same issue, only mine only squeaks when idle when I start it up on cold mornings (stops within a minute or two of driving). If I were to spray WD-40 on each component do you think that would help solve my problem as well?

I am having the same issue, only mine only squeaks when idle when I start it up on cold mornings (stops within a minute or two of driving). If I were to spray WD-40 on each component do you think that would help solve my problem as well?
Wd40 won't solve the problem. The spray is used to identify which bearing is lacking lubrication.