Arizona 1997 TJ Hemi swap from Fat Bob's in Utah

Here are some pics of the original hard top and I opened the back. Included are 12 quarts of dodge trans fluid, I think atf+4 and trans filter and external cooler. Also driver's door handle new in box. I will post more interior pics tomorrow and I will pull it out in the sun.
Diff pic included. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible.

IMG_0484 2.jpeg

IMG_0497.jpeg

IMG_0496.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

IMG_0498 2.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
Here are some pics of the original hard top and I opened the back. Included are 12 quarts of dodge trans fluid, I think atf+4 and trans filter and external cooler. Also driver's door handle new in box. I will post more interior pics tomorrow and I will pull it out in the sun.
Diff pic included. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible.

View attachment 521271

View attachment 521272

View attachment 521273

View attachment 521274

View attachment 521275

View attachment 521276

View attachment 521277

View attachment 521278

View attachment 521279

View attachment 521280

And all the pictures & information are appreciated. If it is the proper ATF then yes it is ATF+4 .

Someone is going to get one heck of a deal with this rig...

Reactions: John Cooper
So I will be out of town until May 3rd ish and unable to show it. My adult son could show it if necessary but that's where I am . I hae the original manual and paperwork.

IMG_0523.jpeg

Man I somehow haven't looked at this thread. I'm trying to convince myself not to see how good of a deal you'd make.....

Can you tell us what if any other issues there are with the rig? How is the frame? I got burned on a TJ I'd bought my daughter that was a NY Jeep and the frame was terrible.

At this point we know it's going to need the transmission rebuilt or replaced since everything I know & have read says that the clutch plates are ruined if any coolant is to get into the fluid. And it'll need a new radiator as a minimum since the transmission cooler is leaking.

Anything else you can offer up about it?

Can you tell us what if any other issues there are with the rig? How is the frame? I got burned on a TJ I'd bought my daughter that was a NY Jeep and the frame was terrible.

At this point we know it's going to need the transmission rebuilt or replaced since everything I know & have read says that the clutch plates are ruined if any coolant is to get into the fluid. And it'll need a new radiator as a minimum since the transmission cooler is leaking.

Anything else you can offer up about it?

Do it man,you know you want it😉

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
As I stated earlier, I'm not a jeep person and I've only driven it once until the trans issue became apparent. I want to be completely transparent and certainly don't want to "burn" anyone on this vehicle.

That being said I did state that there was some rust under the rig. I have no idea what is acceptable or not acceptable. I can attempt to post more pix of the underbody, if that will help.

The interior is nice and complete. Instrument cluster was changed. The harness etc all work correctly, the fuel tank was new as was the faulty radiator. The radiator is fine other than the trans cooling portion. there is no trans fluid in the cooling system. A separate external cooler (included in box) should work.
The transfer case is a 231J.

What else would you like pix of? I am home today so I can take more.

txfer case.jpg

As I stated earlier, I'm not a jeep person and I've only driven it once until the trans issue became apparent. I want to be completely transparent and certainly don't want to "burn" anyone on this vehicle.

That being said I did state that there was some rust under the rig. I have no idea what is acceptable or not acceptable. I can attempt to post more pix of the underbody, if that will help.

The interior is nice and complete. Instrument cluster was changed. The harness etc all work correctly, the fuel tank was new as was the faulty radiator. The radiator is fine other than the trans cooling portion. there is no trans fluid in the cooling system. A separate external cooler (included in box) should work.
The transfer case is a 231J.

What else would you like pix of? I am home today so I can take more.

View attachment 523858

Frame and inside of the frame holes on the side of the frame so folks can assess the inside of the frame.

Any idea why the engine recently overheated?

Do it man,you know you want it😉

Believe me I do but I'm short on funds after paying for the new engine in my motorhome.
This would be a great shakedown trip for the motorhome too.

I'm not trying to imply you're not being transparent on this deal. Running just a external transmission cooler isn't the best option and IMO the radiator should be replaced.

If you can take some pictures of the frame itself that would be helpful for those interested in the Jeep.
Around the skid plate and then other areas that show any rust.

In the slim chance I can figure out a way I'll be in contact.

Believe me I do but I'm short on funds after paying for the new engine in my motorhome.
This would be a great shakedown trip for the motorhome too.

I'm not trying to imply you're not being transparent on this deal. Running just a external transmission cooler isn't the best option and IMO the radiator should be replaced.

If you can take some pictures of the frame itself that would be helpful for those interested in the Jeep.
Around the skid plate and then other areas that show any rust.

In the slim chance I can figure out a way I'll be in contact.

do it jewish GIF