SOLD 1997 TJ Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzardsky

Price
With some recent life changes, i'm looking at possibly finding a new home for my Wrangler TJ project. This vehicle has been lovingly worked on over the past 1.5 years, and in many areas, fully restored. This is an absolutely amazing vehicle with some truly stellar parts including a painstakingly restored frame (not patched or anything either) Full new suspension and steering linkage, and many small upgrades/repairs.

Asking 14000 OBO. Reasonable offers welcome.

This jeep is an absolute blast to drive, and would have no issues being a daily driver.

I'm of course happy to take any specific pictures you'd like, or can arrange a video call or whatnot.

I live right on the MD/PA line, and it is currently registered and inspected in PA. My schedule is fairly flexible for anyone that wants to see it, and for serious offers I am willing to meet up within reason.

Basics:
  • 1997 Wrangler Sahara
  • 157k miles - occasional driver, mileage will slowly go up. No off-road since project started
  • Stone white exterior*
  • Tan interior.
  • Dana 44 rear
  • Dana 30 front
  • Front and rear ARB air lockers*
  • (Lockers installed in axle, switches on dash, but air lines, compressor, wiring harness have not been reconnected after frame swap, but are included)
  • 5 speed manual
  • 4.0l engine
  • Half doors w/ uppers
  • Has a/c, system currently not charged
  • PA inspected through 11/21, should not need anything to pass inspection
  • Clean PA title, no lien
*Jeep is naturally Stone White color, but has been mostly wrapped in Avery matte metallic blue vinyl. I was using this as a platform to learn wrapping, so some areas are cleaner than others. It passes the 10ft test, and get a lot of compliments as-is. Avery is currently backordered on this vinyl, so one fender is not wrapped, and one half door is wrapped in charcoal. They expect to stock the vinyl in November/december. The wrap can be pulled off fairly easy, and the underlying white paint is in decent condition (the half doors are pristine), as it was washed and clay bar prior to the wrap. Only non-factory colors are the fenders (powder coated black during the restoration process) and the tailgate (which is dark blue since it came from a newer jeep).

Initial work, within 5k miles

• Tub body mounts full repaired
  • 1.25” body lift
  • New fuel tank skid
  • New fuel pump
  • Rear brakes (new drums and pads)
  • Banks exhaust
  • New exhaust down pipe
  • O2 sensor
  • New catalytic converter
  • All shocks replaced - rancho
  • Spark plugs and wires
  • Refinished and professionally powder coated wheels
  • 33x12.5r15 ProComp MT2 tires
  • Besttop trektop NX
  • Newer model vented tailgate
  • Rugged ridge tailgate hinge and reinforcement, w/ HD tire carrier
  • Led tail lights
  • Led headlights
  • Led fog lights (KC flex)
  • Wiper arms and blades
  • Fenders professionally powder coated
 w/ zinc-epoxy primer and satin black top coat
  • new hood latches and professionally powder coated hood hinges

• Mastercraft leather seats, (small tears in stitching in the usual places, but overall decent condition)
  • Rear bumper with hitch and 4-pin trailer wiring
  • Used smittybilt winch. Brand new control box installed. Winch works just fine, if a little cosmetically worn. 9000lb rating, synthetic winch line included but not currently spooled.

Recent work <1k miles

• Oil change
  • Full restored frame replacement (sanded to bare metal, all welds inspected and corrected where needed, all mounting holes inspected/tapped, primed, painted)

• New hardware just about everywhere, including suspension, with oem torque retaining compounds
  • Tub undercarriage cleaned and painted
  • All upper control arms replaced - crown oem replacement
  • All lower control arms replaced:
  • Core4x4 tier 2 front, tier 1 rear, all adjustable
  • Axles cleaned and repainted
  • Both track bars replaced - core 4x4 tier 3 adjustable
  • New steering linkage - curie correctlync
  • New coil springs/spacers- procomp 2” w/ 3/4” daystar isolators
  • Professionally powder coated front sway bar, new bushings
  • Front Jks quick connect sway bar links
  • Restored and professionally powder coated transmission skid w/ zinc-epoxy primer and textured black top coat for wear resistance
  • New rubicon express steering stabilizer
  • New brown dog driveline correcting motor mounts - 1” lift
  • New oil pan and gasket
  • Transfer case with slip yoke eliminator and appropriate driveshaft
  • Transfer case cable shifter
  • Bedrug rear carpet
  • Bedrug bedtred front flooring
  • Installed newer sound bar
  • 4x kicker CS series speakers
  • Kenwood stereo
  • Restored front bumper, winch mount, hooks, with fresh powder coat
  • Stainless steel windshield hinges - professionally powder coated
  • New door hinges
  • Powder coated cowl
  • New high capacity full aluminum radiator
  • Rugged ridge hurricane fenders
  • Front brakes, pads and rotors

Spare things included
:

• factory soft top frame
  • Leather rear seat matching the fronts (includes rear seatbelts, and some of the bracketry, may be missing a bolt or small bracket, never personally had the rear seat bolted in, but you'll get everything I have)

• set of rock sliders, brand unknown, structurally in good condition, but has some peeling paint and surface rust. Body already has the holes drilled to mount these up. Willing to restore and powder coat for a reasonable cost. Hardware included.
  • Replacement top section of besttop top. Theres a spot on the current top that seeps a tiny bit of water is its heavy rain and it pools. Bestop sent a replacement top, but I have not had time to install yet.
  • 3qts of Redline MT90 transmission fluid, appropriate to change out the manual transmission fluid for smoother operation

• appropriate oil to change t-case fluid
  • rear main seal, still in box
  • Assortment of misc/spare parts
Asking 14000. I’m motivated to sell however i’m looking for the right buyer who will value this gem of a TJ

More photos here:
IMG_1398.JPEG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.