1997 TJ soft top opinions

PackerBacker

Hello everyone! I'm brand new here and i'm going to be buying a new soft top. I already have the hardware. I just need opinions on a quality brand/product. I'm looking to spend around $800, hopefully less. I've done a top of shopping and have some picked out. Would love to hear y'alls opinions, Thanks!

If you want top shelf, get Bestop's Twill top. I've seen this top up close on @Indy 's TJ and it is the bees knees! Coming from a hard top, he says it's almost as quiet as the hard top.

Reactions: Alex01
I have no complains about my bestop top ... Getting rid of hard top was one of the best things I did to my Jeep. Ability to remove the entire top or just the windows whenever you want is fantastic!

Reactions: Alex01
Put a Smittybilt twill top on mine, just for giggles. The fabric is great! 4wheelparts had a sale, and I purchased the no fault warranty as well.

The zipper around the rear window failed within two weeks. Received a complete new top under warranty a few days later. Having two complete tops to play with allowed me to mix and match parts until I got a reasonably good fit.

Bottom line - it's marginal at best. Fit, finish and details are simply lacking. I've spent hours fiddling with it to get it to kinda, sorta fit right.

It'll work for it's intended purpose which is taking abuse that you don't want to subject a good Bestop to. That's about the most that can be said for it.

Thanks! I've been looking at a bestop sailcloth top. Have not decided if other brands would be worth the buy at a usually cheaper price.
Just installed Bestop sail cloth replace-a-top Sunday. Fits like a glove, significantly quieter than previous top and well-known great warranty and customer service. Well worth the money spent.

20190901_191232.jpg

Reactions: RobertJ