1998 Footwell Lights

Bender Rodriquez

Greetings TJers! New member here. I recently acquired a Deep Amethyst 1998 TJ with 67,000 miles. It is unadulterated and I intend to leave it pretty much stock except for the hideous Gambler wheels. I've already ordered plain white steelies from U.S. Wheel and they should be here in about a month, meanwhile I've been doing the few little things this Jeep needs. One of those things is replacing the burned out interior footwell/courtesy lights with LEDs. When doing so I discovered that one of the plastic sockets is broken. I understand that the 1997 and 1998 TJs used a different light than the later models. I'd like to create a pig tail adapter that would let me use the newer, more readily available and MUCH cheaper later lights. I have identified one of the connectors I'd need. The one that would attach to the factory harness connector is an Aptiv (Delphi) 12059250 so what I need now is to figure out what the connector part number is that attaches to the light. If anybody knows this info or could take a clear close up photo of a '99 and up connector I'd be much obliged. I can't believe a pigtail adapter like this doesn't already exist. My understanding is that the '97-'98 socket is no longer available. Thanks!

Greetings TJers! New member here. I recently acquired a Deep Amethyst 1998 TJ with 67,000 miles. It is unadulterated and I intend to leave it pretty much stock except for the hideous Gambler wheels. I've already ordered plain white steelies from U.S. Wheel and they should be here in about a month, meanwhile I've been doing the few little things this Jeep needs. One of those things is replacing the burned out interior footwell/courtesy lights with LEDs. When doing so I discovered that one of the plastic sockets is broken. I understand that the 1997 and 1998 TJs used a different light than the later models. I'd like to create a pig tail adapter that would let me use the newer, more readily available and MUCH cheaper later lights. I have identified one of the connectors I'd need. The one that would attach to the factory harness connector is an Aptiv (Delphi) 12059250 so what I need now is to figure out what the connector part number is that attaches to the light. If anybody knows this info or could take a clear close up photo of a '99 and up connector I'd be much obliged. I can't believe a pigtail adapter like this doesn't already exist. My understanding is that the '97-'98 socket is no longer available. Thanks!

I'm not sure if it's helpful, but the 97 and 98 bulb types are listed in the "quirks of 97s" thread in my signature.

If you make this adapter, let us know and I'll add it to that thread.