1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0L, Auto, Lifted, Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob C.

Alas, the day has come where circumstance dictates that we part with our beloved Jeep Wrangler. While we've had it barely a year, the memories it created will last a lifetime. This Jeep is no pavement princess, it's a time and battle tested veteran of the off-road game. This Jeep completed every challenge on Cleghorn, cruised through Hungry Valley, and conquered Lockwood/Miller Jeep trail with vigor! This Jeep has been developed over years to grow into an off-roading monster! This is the perfect Jeep for someone who wants to jump right in to the off-roading life and only focus on finishing up and perfecting a build, with all the "heavy lifting" customizations already completed. Interior is in overall good condition. Above average for a vehicle of this age and experience for sure.

A few introductory pieces about the Jeep:

Jeep has a clean title. The Jeep has 283k on the odometer. It's hard to say which parts have actually traversed that many miles as the last owner recently had the engine rebuilt and refurbished at odo reading 263k, replacing many parts during installation. The engine runs amazingly smooth! Engine rests on Brown dog motor mounts and insulated wrapped headers. Transmission was also rebuilt during this process at the 275k mark. Receipts in hand for both of these as well as service records dating back to original owner. You won't find this anywhere for a Jeep like this.

With that being said, a Jeep TJ is always a work in progress. As anyone who has owned a Jeep can tell you, 100% of Jeeps out there have projects waiting in the wings that faithful owners desire, so if you like the Jeep and come take a look at it, keep that in mind. There are always things that can be fixed, improved, or upgraded on every Jeep...everywhere...forever.

This brings me to why I'm selling the Jeep. To be honest, I am finishing up my degree program and constant professional events and internships have taken up too much of my time. I no longer have time to take wheeling trips and perform the maintenance that accompanies this. Additionally, my household commutes have increased and the Jeep isn't necessarily a fantastic daily driver for an office environment.

Jeep details:

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Green with tan soft top
Full doors
4.0L 6-cylinder engine
Automatic transmission
Good condition, no rust.
5.5" total lift
4.5" suspension lift (Rusty's long arm in front, short arm in rear)
1" body lift
Tummy tuck and SYE (slip yoke eliminator) installed.
Auto-locker in rear diff.
33" BFG tires x 5
Smittybilt Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Thick metal nerf bars as well as Fabtech body armor for rock crawling protection.
Alpine head unit with Alpine speakers in front and kicker 6.5" speakers in sound bar.
2x off-road lights up front and a single rear facing light. (All installed but unwired, as I was in the process of giving the jeep a setup makeover)
CB Radio with additional speaker, and firestick antenna. (Also unwired as I was intending to relocate the CB)
Round LED taillights
Welded in lockbox beneath driver's seat for securing items.

The following items were installed since I have owned the Jeep:
4x Brand new Bilstein 5100 shocks. Less than 50 miles on them.
MOOG Front end drag link and tie rod ends
Brand New Power Steering pump, reservoir, and pulley.
New Serpentine Belt
Smittybilt XRC front bumper (Brand new and installed by Smittybilt)
Smittybilt XRC 9.5k winch w/remote (Brand new and installed by Smittybilt)
LED headlights
Installed bed-lined pocket fender flares.
Tinted turn signal lamps.

Also included with the Jeep is items for an off-roading emergency kit.
Hi-Lift Jack - New, never used.
High Clearance jack stands
Tanaka heavy duty tow strap
1 x ratchet strap
Tire deflators and pressure gauge

Lastly, I have various parts that I've stockpiles for future projects that I'll include for free.

If you would like to see the Jeep in action, here's a video on an early and easy Cleghorn run.

Located in West Los Angeles

$10999

Jeep-3.jpg
Jeep-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.