19k seems like a damn good deal for this built TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def would have to firstly paint over all that race hate.
I'm with you. Nothing more anti-American than that. Put the Stars and Stripes over it.

Good effort on color matching the instrument cluster and center bezels. Not my favorite color, but good effort nonetheless.

The steering rig is interesting. Looks like that's a hydraulic cylinder directly driving the tie rod. If it works, it looks like it might be a nice setup.

Also, check out how the upper control arms have been mounted. Could this be a long arm setup that would actually work?

Reactions: RubiconMike
Yeah, there's a lot of aspects of the way it was built that I question the more I look. Still, there's also a ton of money that went into it.

Look how low the harnesses shoulder belts are mounted behind the seats!!
Can you say bilateral clavicle fracture?

Fair price I’ll admit but I wouldn’t give this guy a dime. The fire stripes on the hood should be real fire.
This build is extreme, but I have to wonder about buying even some of the other seriously built Jeeps. At some point, it's not like you can go back to stock. It might be hard to find replacement parts when things break. You can't just maintain a rig like this, you basically have to keep building just to keep it running.

This build is extreme, but I have to wonder about buying even some of the other seriously built Jeeps. At some point, it's not like you can go back to stock. It might be hard to find replacement parts when things break. You can't just maintain a rig like this, you basically have to keep building just to keep it running.

On the other hand, you can't buy OE parts anymore for our TJs, unless it's leftover old stock. Eventually that will run out too!

Depends on what you want. That looks like it would not be street-legal in many states so, not my cup of tea. It looks like something you would need to trailer to 'wheeling spots. I drove my Jeep on trips to the Rubicon, Fordyce, Big Bear, and Mexico. Everyone has different requirement for what they want from a Jeep, let yours guide your purchases.

Don't get me wrong — I'm not saying that buying this rig is a bad idea. It is a heck of a build and it looks like it's capable of taking on some gnarly trails. I'm just saying that owning a rig like this is much more of a commitment than a stock or moderately built Jeep.

This appears to have at least a legitimate $40K invested.

Very tempted to hit the "Buy it Now" button.

I would thereafter have to sleep at a friend's house, for likely 3 months, until things settled down at home:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.