1st Build Many Questions

Streetking

Hello All, new member here and I'm starting my first build and it's somewhat of a Frankenstein Jeep. It started with 1997 frame, 2000 6cyl engine, auto trans and a 1999 body, with a 4.5" BDS long arm lift and 35" tires. When I purchased it, it was running, I bought it knowing it needed some work with the intention of restoring it. I removed the tub to replace the floor support torsion boxes and also found the floor pans had some small holes and it would also require some other misc panels. After removing the tub I found some patches on the left side of the frame and the right side needing some work, all coverd with a thick layer of heavy black paint. I've since purchased a 2006 rust free frame and tub for $1500 and in the process of transferring the suspension parts over.
Now my questions, everything I've read said that the 2000's should have the electronic ignition. This engine has a distributor, it's serial number reflects that it's a 2000 and manufactured on November 16th. I started looking more closely when I could only find one O2 sensor hooked up. The engine has the cast iron exhaust manifold with the pre - cats and ports for 4 O2 sensors. The computer serial number reflects it may be the 97-98 wiring harness.
To make everything function properly with no engine lights would I be better off getting a 2000 engine wiring harness?
How many O2 sensors were originally on a 2000 engine, how many on a 1997?

Thanks for all your help, I've learned so much from this forum.

Brad

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the link I'm hopeful it may have some answers their. My first thought is to replace the harness with a 2000 harness with the 4 O2 sensors.