1st Jeep build

KP_Jeep_TJ

Just got my 1st jeep. My plans are to have a nice driver that is capable offroad in the event i have the time to go offroading. Starting with a flame red 2000 sport. 4.0l and 3spd auto trans. I will post pictures along the way

1596678175488.jpg

Added rear disc brakes because i thought the drum brakes were making noise. Once i had the diff opened and axles out i realized the noise was in the factory limited slip. Bought an Eaton trutrac and used stock 3.73 ring and pinion.

20200923_191942.jpg

20200924_091438.jpg

Ordered my 3.5 short arm lift from Metalcloak and before the lift was delivered the 4.0 decided to start running really bad. Noticed oil leaking from the head gasket so i decided to take the head off and get it checked out. Surprise surprise it was cracked. After lots of thought i decided to replace the whole engine with a reman from Fraser.

20201103_183943.jpg

20201124_180123.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Slowly getting the new engine together to get it put back in and running into a couple roadblocks. For some reason the harmonic balancer bolt off the old engine doesnt want to thread into the new engine. Could it be possible that its a different thread? The bolt i have is 1/2-20

20201208_122058.jpg

20201208_122107.jpg

Reactions: JMT
So im running into a clearance issue with my exhaust manifold/header hitting my intake manifold. Can anyone tell me if it i can cut this part of the intake off without causing a leak

20201220_163248.jpg

Didn't the intake manifold and exhaust manifold mount up before? Or did you change something out?

What brand is it? Might be something others have used before. I can't tell you if it's safe or not to remove that area or not. sorry I can't help you with that.
Not sure i would have to check my amazon to see. Thanks for the input. I might try to cut it and if it doesnt work out i can always get a replacement intake

Reactions: Wildman
What brand is it? Might be something others have used before. I can't tell you if it's safe or not to remove that area or not. sorry I can't help you with that.
I bought it off amazon and now i cant find it anywhere on there. I found one on jegs that looks like the same one and it has a lot of reviews saying it had to be modified or it doesnt fit with the stock intake. 😔. I guess thats what i get for going the cheap route. I tried cutting out the part that was hitting but still not enough clearance. I will have to modify the header or get a different one.

20201222_183228.jpg

20201222_183927.jpg

20201222_184036.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JMT and Wildman
And so it begins...I don’t think going the cheap route is the issue. Our tub frame swap has been one modification after another. Apparently that’s just what you do...cut, grind, weld, repeat. It’s a ton of fun and a rubix cube to boot. Your Jeep is good looking to start for sure. Good luck! It all seems to work out.

Reactions: KP_Jeep_TJ
Ok after beating the crap out of the header and cutting and grinding the intake manifold i thought i had it clearanced enough to install everything.
I was tightening the last bolt and i heard a pop. Took the intake back off the next day and found a crack. 😡
Anyone know the best place to get a new replacement

20210107_150424.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: JMT