2" BDS springs giving 3" of lift? Or...

sertshark

Installing BDS springs for 2" of lift, plus installing 3/4" spacers up front (to get rid of rake). Halfway done (did front first), and I'm noticing the front has about 4" of lift, instead of 3" (or, 2 3/4"). Of course, I have not installed the rear springs yet and I am looking at on the ground before I start on the rear, but I'm wondering if they settle at all, or if it will level out a bit after installing the rear.... I'm sure someone will (deservedly) post "install the rear springs and see"... but I'm just curious if anyone else experienced this.

How are you measuring lift? Comparing to what it was before, or by measuring the springs as installed?
OEM Front=12", Rear=8"

I had the opposite problem on mine, a heavier LJ with a hardtop. Front 2" spring lift only gave 1", rear gave 2". That's fairly normal with these Wranglers.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Sagging old springs and you haven't installed the rear yet. I had those springs and ended up with exactly what they were supposed to be after they settled in.

Reactions: Danarch
I got the 3” of lift when I installed the 3” lift. I measured at the coils. I have an LJ but it still worked. I know some say they get less on a LJ but from what i understand the LJ is only 200LBS more and seems odd it would have that much effect. I way more than 200lbs. But maybe the 200lbs wrong as it seems like it would be a little more weight than that for the extra length.