2 inch lift, 33s, and Genright fenders

This is probably 31s, but not terribly far off. Spotted it in a local parking lot and only took the one pic.

1665674515411.png

Reactions: DougB and AndyG
Factory rims still? I presume wheel spacer? If so what did you need to run to clear things.

Thx!

Factory Ravines.

Thanks for asking about wheel spacers. Totally forgot about those. 2” wheel spacer on each side, front and rear.

The BDS lift is just shocks and springs. Everything else is stock. The highlines are in prep for tons and 38-40s hopefully next year so not bothering to upgrade any other components with the 30/44 combo.

Thanks again, just collecting info on running 33’s in 10.5 wide. Those master crafts would be 12.5 wide? I also have the same rim 15x8 which I measured a 5.25 back space- so I think I could get away with 1” spacer on my narrower tire choice. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Thanks again, just collecting info on running 33’s in 10.5 wide. Those master crafts would be 12.5 wide? I also have the same rim 15x8 which I measured a 5.25 back space- so I think I could get away with 1” spacer on my narrower tire choice. Appreciate the info.

You can run 10.5" wide tires on stock wheels with no wheel spacers. You might have to add a small washer or two on the steering stops to keep the tires from rubbing the lower control arms at full turn. Much cheaper than wheel spacers.
Steering stop adjustment.jpg

You can run 10.5" wide tires on stock wheels with no wheel spacers. You might have to add a small washer or two on the steering stops to keep the tires from rubbing the lower control arms at full turn. Much cheaper than wheel spacers.
View attachment 367366

I am running Canyons with 35x12.50R15. Spidertaxx 1.125" or were they 1.50" spacers.
topless001.jpg

I enlarged your pics for the over 50 crowd and legal stoners. ;)
p.s. Beautiful Jeep.
I’m in the over 50 crowd. Lol

Click on the small photos (aka thumbnails) to make them larger. Hate scrolling thru posts with full size photos, even worse on mobile.

PS: Thanks!

Reactions: L J

When I bought it it had 31x10.5s on same rims with zero lift. They rubbed the stock flares quite a bit upon compression. This was with no spacers. I would expect 33s to rub too regardless of spacer, but you could lengthen the bump stops to prevent that. IIRC, my bumps stops were pretty worn which didn’t keep them out of the flares.

I do plan on getting 2” spring lift. I have 30x9.5 now and seeing where that gets close at the control arms...i am thinking to keep full suspension function and steering a 1” spacer gets the back spacing for the 10.5. As you mention I can put some limiting component in as I work through the transition. I am thinking of trimming the factory flares- Those high lines (preferred) or body lift will be a long term solution. Gotta keep promise to keep it low for the misses. One last question Doug- no track bar mods. Relocation or new bar at that 2”? Are you seeing a slight offset where one side is tighter than the other?

I do plan on getting 2” spring lift. I have 30x9.5 now and seeing where that gets close at the control arms...i am thinking to keep full suspension function and steering a 1” spacer gets the back spacing for the 10.5. As you mention I can put some limiting component in as I work through the transition. I am thinking of trimming the factory flares- Those high lines (preferred) or body lift will be a long term solution. Gotta keep promise to keep it low for the misses. One last question Doug- no track bar mods. Relocation or new bar at that 2”? Are you seeing a slight offset where one side is tighter than the other?

Since this was just an interim step to 1) Make it look better and 2) Have more clearance for simple over-landing trips out west, I didn’t do any other mods that typically go with a lift, i.e. track bars, steering, bumps stops, disconnects, steering stop adjust, longer sway bar links, etc. It might have some “issues” not having these complimentary upgrades, but I don’t worry about it or notice it given where I’m headed. But I’ve driven it like this for 2 years and it’s done fine. My tons timeline is slooooow. lol

IMO, you don’t need high lines unless 1) You like the look or 2) You want to try keep the lift really low and run really large tires, >38s. I was a bit of both. Metalcloaks offer a lot of clearance without the hassle of highlining (custom or trimmed hood, relocate a lot under hood (modify air intake, etc.), trim rear quarter panels, etc. A friend has MCs on his LJ with tons and 40s without clearance issues and it fits in his garage with the stock soft top.

My wife can get in it still but it’s a struggle being under 5’. lol Same friend with the 40s has the Rock Hard trail step for his wife. It’s a nice piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustDandee and RINC