2 inch lift questions and comments

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Im trying to make a really solid 2" custom lift for highlines (later) and 33s, not looking to skip any parts that I will need. Heres what im going with currently

-Rancho RS5000x
-OME Heavy Duty 2" Rear Springs #2942
-OME Heavy Duty 2" Front Springs #2933- (Are these both the heavy duty ones, it doesn't tell me which and I don't know what part # is the heavy duty)
-1 Inch Body lift by M.O.R.E.
-1 Inch Motor Mount Lift by JKS(this and body lift are for tummy tuck, just figured id include them)
-Rear Adjustable Track bar by JKS
-I currently have front sway bar disconnects but I don't know the brand, the previous owner put them on along with a -3" skyjacker lift so I assume its skyjacker
-Savvy transfer case linkage
EDIT: I also plan to go with the rancho rs5000 steering stabilizer
Also a JB conversions ss sye 1310 with cv yolk, and tom woods driveshaft for tummy tuck

-Do I need upper or lower control arms? and what about sway bar links?
Please let me know what you guys think and if you would change anything :)

Last edited:
If you do the adjustable track bar does it eliminate the need for a trackbar relocation bracket? You may need to add a shifter cable and figure out your gas take fill line.

If you do the adjustable track bar does it eliminate the need for a trackbar relocation bracket? You may need to add a shifter cable and figure out your gas take fill line.
I do believe it eliminates the need for a trackbar relocation bracket, I hear that the adjustable is better than a relocation. And are you talking about the transfer case shifter cable? If so i have already planned on the one from savvy for about $150

Some good info on selecting OME springs: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ome-hd-springs-choices-2934-2949-or-2933-2942.13005/

If you don’t already have an adjustable front track bar, you’ll want one.

You don’t need new control arms unless you’re also installing a DC drive shaft.

If you do the adjustable track bar does it eliminate the need for a trackbar relocation bracket?
Possibly. There are two kinds of rear track bar relocation brackets. One type, like the OME bracket, just moves the attachment point up to compensate for axle position after a lift. The other type, like the JKS bracket, also angles the attachment point to compensate for the axle rotation when you have a DC drive shaft.

if you’re installing a DC drive shaft, you still need a track bar relocation bracket. With a stock drive shaft, you can use an adjustable track bar without a relocation bracket.

Reactions: jazngab and InOmaha
You may want to step the 1" BL up to a 1.25" if you plan on running a flat belly skid such as the UCF down the line. (savvy is out of production for early model manuals)

Reactions: fuse
I plan to do OME heavy duty for both, so 2942 in the rear and 2933 in the front?

Yes. I've been running that spring combo for 10 years.
Your front axle will be slightly off center, maybe 1/2" at most. Won't hurt anything unless you're OCD, then a adjustable TB will be needed up front.

Some good info on selecting OME springs: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ome-hd-springs-choices-2934-2949-or-2933-2942.13005/

If you don’t already have an adjustable front track bar, you’ll want one.

You don’t need new control arms unless you’re also installing a DC drive shaft.

Possibly. There are two kinds of rear track bar relocation brackets. One type, like the OME bracket, just moves the attachment point up to compensate for axle position after a lift. The other type, like the JKS bracket, also angles the attachment point to compensate for the axle rotation when you have a DC drive shaft.

if you’re installing a DC drive shaft, you still need a track bar relocation bracket. With a stock drive shaft, you can use an adjustable track bar without a relocation bracket.
I forgot to add that I will be doing a jb conversions ss sye 1310 with cv yolk and then a custom driveshaft from tom woods. So ill need a front and rear adjustable track bar along with front and rear relocation brackets?

I forgot to add that I will be doing a jb conversions ss sye 1310 with cv yolk and then a custom driveshaft from tom woods. So ill need a front and rear adjustable track bar along with front and rear relocation brackets?
Don’t do a track bar bracket in the front. As @bobthetj03 says, you can get by without the adjustable track bar if you’re ok with the axle being a little off center. Otherwise, get an adjustable front track bar.

If that is the case, you'll need rear adjustable control arms and the angled rear TB relocation bracket so you can adjust the pinion angle after the SYE.

Reactions: fuse
If that is the case, you'll need rear adjustable control arms and the angled rear TB relocation bracket so you can adjust the pinion angle after the SYE.
so would i get a track bar relocation bracket and an adjustable one too?

Last edited:
Yes, you need the angled relocation bracket as well as an adjustable TB, otherwise you'll have a tough time getting the TB clear the gas tank skid.
So rear control arms, rear adjustable track bar, and rear track bar relocation brackets. Nothing in the front?

Reactions: Alex01
I believe I still have a RE front TB sitting in my garage from @tomtaylz LJR before he swapped to a currie. I'm sure he will let it go fairly cheap if you're interested.

I have Metal Cloak arms on my rig, but many on here like Currie/Savvy arms with Johnny joints. Rancho has an interesting offering with their D2 bushings, so that might be something you could check out.

Reactions: Alex01
If you plan on doing all the work yourself I would highly recommend buying double adjustable arms. It saves so much time during the fine-tuning stage. Like @bobthetj03 I have MC arms and they have performed great. (less than 5k miles on them).

Do you have a price in mind? Do you plan on flexing a lot on a trail or is it mainly for road use?

If you plan on doing all the work yourself I would highly recommend buying double adjustable arms. It saves so much time during the fine-tuning stage. Like @bobthetj03 I have MC arms and they have performed great. (less than 5k miles on them).

Do you have a price in mind? Do you plan on flexing a lot on a trail or is it mainly for road use?
Nothing absurdly expensive, I am a 17 year old in high school so $ comes by slow from work. I do offroad it, not just all show and no go. Im just planning the parts I would need for a perfect 2 in" custom lift