2 inch lift questions and comments

Nothing absurdly expensive, I am a 17 year old in high school so $ comes by slow from work. I do offroad it, not just all show and no go. Im just planning the parts I would need for a perfect 2 in" custom lift
With 2-inch OME springs OEM control arms should work just fine. If you ever need any help I'm located in the east bay and have all the tools you'd need to complete the project. Your list looks great but with a SYE you'll also need the JKS angled track bar bracket in order for the TB to play nicely and bump the BL to 1.25 for the future TT. (at least it was in the case of both @tomtaylz LJR and my TJ)

Reactions: tomtaylz and D M
You may want to step the 1" BL up to a 1.25" if you plan on running a flat belly skid such as the UCF down the line. (savvy is out of production for early model manuals)
If I go with a 1.25 BL will i need more than a 1" MML for the tummy tuck? And is the extra .25 just better for the flat belly skid along with larger tires in general

If I go with a 1.25 BL will i need more than a 1" MML for the tummy tuck? And is the extra .25 just better for the flat belly skid along with larger tires in general
Most tummy tuck systems are built with a 1.25" BL in mind. If you have a particular one in mind look at their website and see what they recommend. Also, pay the few dollars extra for the aluminum BL instead of the poly mounts.

What you have in mind should handle 33s perfectly.

Reactions: D M
With 2-inch OME springs OEM control arms should work just fine. If you ever need any help I'm located in the east bay and have all the tools you'd need to complete the project. Your list looks great but with a SYE you'll also need the JKS angled track bar bracket in order for the TB to play nicely and bump the BL to 1.25 for the future TT. (at least it was in the case of both @tomtaylz LJR and my TJ)
Thanks I appreciate the help. So far (for now ) im planning on going with the OME heavy duty springs, and rancho RS5000x's, later when I buy the SYE and driveshaft, ill buy metal cloak control arms, jks front and rear adjustable control arms, and their track bar relocation brackets.(y)

Thanks I appreciate the help. So far (for now ) im planning on going with the OME heavy duty springs, and rancho RS5000x's, later when I buy the SYE and driveshaft, ill buy metal cloak control arms, jks front and rear adjustable control arms, and their track bar relocation brackets.(y)
Sounds like a solid plan. Hope to see you on one of the runs in the future.

Most tummy tuck systems are built with a 1.25" BL in mind. If you have a particular one in mind look at their website and see what they recommend. Also, pay the few dollars extra for the aluminum BL instead of the poly mounts.

What you have in mind should handle 33s perfectly.
Originally I had the 1 inch aluminum M.o.r.e BL on mind, but now that you say that I think ill go with the savvy 1.25 aluminum BL along with the jks 1"body lift. That should be perfect for the tummy tuck style I plan on doing along with high lines and 33s:)

A set of rear upper/lower adjustables would set you back anywhere from $425-$600 depending on brand, with Rancho's new arms in the $425 range.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/ac...ar-upper-adjustable-control-arm-rs66162b.html
A true highline will require cutting of the hood, FYI.
Im probably going to end up getting those control arms, I do know that true highlines require cutting the hood, so im considering maybe something like metal cloak fenders or the poison spyder defenders

Im probably going to end up getting those control arms, I do know that true highlines require cutting the hood, so im considering maybe something like metal cloak fenders or the poison spyder defenders
The MC's with 33" tires would work great. With 35s I gained about an inch over stock but that's because I'm hitting the rear of the wheel well near the battery tray. I can't wait to see this build progress. Don't forget to make a thread under the build section so you can look back on it later.

@DylanM345 im actually currently going through a lot of what you’re planning to do. I installed 2” bds springs in the summer and got vibes. I already had the rancho 5000x and savvy cable shifter installed from last year and my regear done earlier this year. I did my SYE this month with the thought I just needed the SYE kit, a custom driveshaft, and rear upper control arms. Well turns out I had to buy adjustable lower arms as well (haven’t decided if I will use them yet though instead of my stock arms) and I just ordered the JKS track bar and bracket today. I also picked up new 33s this week to eventually replace my 31s. So a BL and MML might be in the near future.

If that is the case, you'll need rear adjustable control arms and the angled rear TB relocation bracket so you can adjust the pinion angle after the SYE.
will i need upper and lower rear adjustable control arms? im looking at some by currie with the johnny joint, I hear they are worth it. Should I look at double adjustable ones as well?

Heres what im looking at
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIYGNZG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Currie arms are top shelf. To do it right you really need uppers/lowers. Double adjustable uppers will make it way easier to fine tune the pinion.