2 inch suspension and 1/2 inch body lift question

Scottfree98

Been doing some searching and reading, but just want to hear some current feedback.
When I bought the TJ, it had a 2" BL. I continued with that because it drove so well, but the aesthetic look has gotten to me. I had Some ranchos installed after I bought it and added a 3/4" puck to level the rake. I'm taking this with me to the islands in a month(usvi), and I've gone from 32's to 33's.
So, question is, I'm going to do the BDS 2" coils and remove the 2 inch BL. I'd like to have a 1/2 in aluminum BL just to allow easier cleaning of the framr and to help limit any rust from forming in the future on the island.. I don't care about future tummy tuck, gas tank lift, mml, 35's, etc. Would just like to hear the opinions on if you think the 1/2 inch is justifiable/makes sense (radiator, gas line, etc). Or should I go 1 inch or no BL at all? Realize the BDS will likely actually give me about 2.5-3". Thanks!

PXL_20240222_230040275~2.jpg

Reactions: Rickyd and GPK03X
Last edited:
I have a 1/2 inch body lift and it has worked well for me. I have an LJ so I was able to go fairly high with the trans skid but you already said you were not going that route. I find it does give better access to frame etc and before BL the factory rocker guards could not come off due to the aftermarket sliders/steps PO put on. I like to remove them from time to time to clean and inspect. If you hated a 2 inch BL you won't like a 1.25 much either. Radiator shroud was an easy move and was able to stretch the fuel filler as needed.

Reactions: Scottfree98
I have a 2” spring lift and a 1/2” body lift running 32’s. I don’t think there is a 1/2” body lift available anymore since ROKMEN went out of business. Any way with 33’s you need a 1” or 1.25” body lift

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Until I actually do the springs and 1" or 1.25" BL, I just created a bit of an illusion to help my view. Also just removed the end caps. I was also going to flip the bumper over, but I'll just wait. Ps. Don't mind the bald tires....bought the 15x10 AR23 wheels off FB. So in the meantime, i'm going back to my 32" STT's with 15x8 AR23's

PXL_20240227_213454955~2.jpg