2 Wheel Low

Hmmm... Interesting, I'd never seen this. I'd be interested to know what the real advantage of 2 Low would be thought? Maybe @Jerry Bransford might know the answer since he's seen his fair share of trails (far more than I have).

Yea I was curious about any advantages and how it would shift with the stock transfer case console. If that's even the right word? Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yea I was curious about any advantages and how it would shift with the stock transfer case console. If that's even the right word? Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No, I get what you're saying. How does it shit without modifying the stock center console?

They say that 2 Low would eliminate drive train bind (which I understand since you'd be eliminating the front axles from the equation) but I guess if you were really concerned about drive train bind you could get RCV axles (though that would be considerably more expensive).

2Lo can be handy when you have an automatic front locker and you need to make some tight turns the automatic locker is fighting. I've never actually had 2Lo but both of my TJs have had front manual hubs which accomplish the same thing when they were unlocked. 4Lo on some trails can be a godsend if you have an automatic front locker. There'd be no real benefit to 2Lo on the trail with a selectable front locker or if there was no front locker at all.

Reactions: Chris
2LO is a fabulous option. My first Jeep, an M38 had it. Today I often use 4LO manoeuvring my trailers off road when I have plenty of traction. 2LO would make the manoeuvre much smoother.

Reactions: DETOUR
Wait... If I have a selectable rear locker and I just turn the rear locker on with the 4WD disengaged, does that count as 2 LO?

Wait... If I have a selectable rear locker and I just turn the rear locker on with the 4WD disengaged, does that count as 2 LO?
Can you point me in the direction of quality lockers! I've been reading and researching but like everything else information overload.

Can you point me in the direction of quality lockers! I've been reading and researching but like everything else information overload.

I've got the stock lockers in my Rubicon which work great. However, should mine ever fail I will instantly replace them with Eaton e-lockers.

You're going to get tons of opinions on which lockers are best, but that's all they are, opinions.

Ultimately it's going to be up to you to decide. I can tell you that you can't go wrong with Eaton e-lockers or ARB. I simply prefer the Eaton e-locker because it doesn't require an air system to run, it's done very simply with a few wires.

Reactions: Kevin E

No. Because the t-case would still be in 2Hi meaning it would be running with a gear ratio of 1:1. To be in 2Lo, it'd have to be able to be in a gear ratio of 2.72:1 or 4:1 (similar to the Low ratios of 4Lo) while leaving the front driveshaft out of the equation. In other words, 2Lo is equivalent to being in 4Lo, with the front driveshaft disconnected. Make sense?

Reactions: SSTJ and Chris
No. Because the t-case would still be in 2Hi meaning it would be running with a gear ratio of 1:1. To be in 2Lo, it'd have to be able to be in a gear ratio of 2.72:1 or 4:1 (similar to the Low ratios of 4Lo) while leaving the front driveshaft out of the equation. In other words, 2Lo is equivalent to being in 4Lo, with the front driveshaft disconnected. Make sense?

Got it, that makes perfect sense and that's what I was thinking as well, I just wasn't sure.

Reactions: PStov98TJ
Like Chris recommends. I'd lean towards an E Locker since you already have the battery and an Air Lockers require an air system. In my TJR... if something cratered... I'd consider the E Locker and get rid of the air compressors etc. I really like clean and simple systems.

I agree. The e-lockers are a clean, simple setup. If my Rubcion lockers ever fail that's what's going in their place for sure.