2000 Jeep Wrangler Code Reading Problem

celcius232

My 2000 TJ 5-speed with 68K miles displayed a check engine light while driving it today and there is no difference in how it runs. I have connected both a 5 year old Bosch code reader and a brand new Innova reader and both display error messages trying to download the codes. Any ideas as to the problem? This is originally a Canadian market jeep that was sold new in Calgary, Alberta. It has zero modifications and I have had had no problems with it since I bought from the 2nd owner last October. Thanks in advance.

My 2000 TJ 5-speed with 68K miles displayed a check engine light while driving it today and there is no difference in how it runs. I have connected both a 5 year old Bosch code reader and a brand new Innova reader and both display error messages trying to download the codes. Any ideas as to the problem? This is originally a Canadian market jeep that was sold new in Calgary, Alberta. It has zero modifications and I have had had no problems with it since I bought from the 2nd owner last October. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I don't have any idea why that would be. If it were mine I'd take it by AutoZone and play dumb and see if they have better luck. For some stupid reason 2000 is the one year that doesn't allow you to pull codes through the odometer, too.