2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ Weak A/C

Rolltide2012

ok guys, Im experiencing yet another issue with my jeep. The A/c blows very weak even on high. The little bit of air that is coming out is cold but very weak. What can be the problem? Bad resistor? Bad blower? Thanks in advance

Does it blow on all speeds, just very weak on all of them? I'm assuming it does this on heat and outside air as well, not just when the A/C is engaged?

If so, that to me sounds like your blower motor is starting to crap out.

Sounds like it's likely the blower motor then. When the resistor fails you generally only have 2 speeds on the switch that work. When the airflow starts getting very weak (regardless of heat, outside air, or A/C), the culprit typically tends to be the blower motor itself starting to go out.

Sounds like the fan motor isn't running then. That could be a bad switch, bad resistor pack, but most it's the fan motor itself since you can't hear it on any of its speeds. Swapping the fan motor is easier than it may seem, it comes out through an access plate on the engine side of the firewall on early TJs.

It's doing the same thing my bathroom fan was doing, haha. I'd turn the fan on in the bathroom and it would go super, super slow and weak. Sometimes it would get to full speed, but rarely. Ended up replacing the bathroom fan and all is good now.

I realize that's a bathroom fan, but motors do go bad over time, just like anything else.

Ok, so I replaced the blower on my jeep. Whe I started the jeep up the new blower was making a loud noise on the higher speeds. I removed the blower again to inspect and everything looked good. I re installed and now only appears to work on the 1st speed but not the others? Bad switch? Bad resistor? Both?