2000 TJ rear end shake

Chaloux

Hey guys looking for advice before i start throwing random parts at another jeep I purchased.
Jeep is a
2000 TJ 4.0
With
4 inch skyjacker lift kit
Cooper 33s
Sky jackerTransfer case drop
Alot more parts but trying to include upgrades i think may affect issue?

So issue is the rear end has a little shake. It only happens upon hard acceleration. Normal/smooth acceleration is fine. No noise what so ever and also no noise at any speed.

Could this simply be shot rear shocks and or possibly trac bar/bushings?
Any other possibilities i should check?

Thank you in advance!!!

Also jeep has slight body steer i followed a forum on here and lowered the psi on all tires too 32psi. Definitely saw a big improvement. Still have slight body steer/sensitive steering. Would a steering stabilizer clear this up?

Screenshot_20181113-154043_Snapchat.jpg

First thing I would do it make sure all the bolts that hold the control arms to the jeep / axle are set to the correct torque. 55lbs upper 130lbs Lowers. If your still at 32 psi you should bring that down between 26-28.

Nice looking jeep btw.

it is a shake an no a vibration look for some loose hardware on the rear end components. The Skyjaker lift comes with a rear track bar bracket relocation i do think. Be sure the track bar bushings are in good shape and its hardware is set to torque specs in the Frame and Differential mounts. Control arms also must be checked and torque to specs. I will also check the tire lug nuts and torque them to specs.

If all of this check OK, then rotate the tires and see if the problem migrates with them. If the issue s a defective tire it will migrate with the tire for sure.

Good Luck!

First thing I would do it make sure all the bolts that hold the control arms to the jeep / axle are set to the correct torque. 55lbs upper 130lbs Lowers. If your still at 32 psi you should bring that down between 26-28.

Nice looking jeep btw.

X2, this is where I would start. Rear end shake like that usually has to do with components that aren't properly torqued down.

Another issue that could cause this is worn / damaged control arm bushings. You should snap some photos of the rear control arm bushings for us when you get a chance, just so we can give you an opinion.

Oh, and nice Jeep!

Body steer or rear steer , skyjacker , and shake .

All goes hand in hand ..I had basically the same package and similar issues.

Bushings are probably shot at the minimum , go through it all before you have bigger problems .

I'm not saying spend money you don't have , but really look at what's going on...put it in park and roll the vehicle by hand back and forth and watch the control arms connections...you 'll see.

Bingo. You ll be pleased with how steady it is when fixed.

The shop was saying its easier to just buy new control arms. A set of skyjackers aren't jeep. Would you recomend just getting new bushings? Or new arms too

Vibrations that only happen during acceleration always immediately think someone raised the rear axle's pinion angle too high. Has anyone raised the pinion angle for any reason? Or perhaps adjusted the rear control arms without realizing what was being done was also raising the rear pinion angle?