2002 Jeep Wrangler Value

TJ Mary

I have an 02 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 automatic with soft top that I'm trying to find out how much it might be worth. Body and Frame need repair engine and transmission good has a number of new parts. It just was taken off the road last October Does anybody have any idea of what it might be worth like I said body is rough and frame needs repair

with the frame needing repair, never mind the body condition, will drive it down considerably. Although you being in the NE, it might help you a little since lots of jeeps probably fall into that category. I think you're going to have a hard time getting a value here because most of us wouldn't even want to touch it.

That said, pictures tell the story, and you didn't include any.

with the frame needing repair, never mind the body condition, will drive it down considerably. Although you being in the NE, it might help you a little since lots of jeeps probably fall into that category. I think you're going to have a hard time getting a value here because most of us wouldn't even want to touch it.

That said, pictures tell the story, and you didn't include any.

I'll get pictures I'm not the most tech savvy I thought maybe somebody would want it for parts engine and transmission is still good . Seats good It was a special edition Apex Not expecting too much really. Has four good tires and I have an extra four to the side. Winter is a real problem for Jeeps in the Northeast. Also has two nearly new front fenders with no rust. Thanks for responding anyway

I'll get pictures I'm not the most tech savvy I thought maybe somebody would want it for parts engine and transmission is still good . Seats good It was a special edition Apex Not expecting too much really. Has four good tires and I have an extra four to the side. Winter is a real problem for Jeeps in the Northeast. Also has two nearly new front fenders with no rust. Thanks for responding anyway

If you're trying to part it out, it will probably be worth more than trying to sell it as a driver. The auto trans is worth a fair amount, if you were nearby I would buy it off you.

If you are parting it out, I would buy the seats if they are in good shape. I'm in Mass and would be willing to take the ride. I'd even pull em out.

You don’t need to be tech savvy to post pictures. If you have a smart phone take some photos with your phone, hit “Attach Files”, choose photo library, select photos and insert them. If you have a dumb phone I can’t help you. Maybe the dumb phone folks can help there.

Reactions: Chris
I can get a picture to you true , but it's not going to make a difference like I said the body IS shot the frame is rusted straight through behind the bumper all rusted through the doors. The only usable things are really the engine transmission and transfer case. Just notice that the rear bumper is bending.
You don’t need to be tech savvy to post pictures. If you have a smart phone take some photos with your phone, hit “Attach Files”, choose photo library, select photos and insert them. If you have a dumb phone I can’t help you. Maybe the dumb phone folks can help there.

Sorry I don't know how to attach the files on this site. I do have pictures.
Still waiting on photos 🤦🏻

Sorry I have pictures on my phone I just can't figure out how to attach them on this site. Sorry i'm old

I can get a picture to you true , but it's not going to make a difference like I said the body IS shot the frame is rusted straight through behind the bumper all rusted through the doors. The only usable things are really the engine transmission and transfer case. Just notice that the rear bumper is bending.

Sorry I don't know how to attach the files on this site. I do have pictures.

A 2002 with a 4.0L and auto is a very desirable TJ, but the rust can cause problems parting out as well. Nobody wants to deal with trying to disassemble a Jeep where every bolt and nut removed is a battle with rust...

A 2002 with a 4.0L and auto is a very desirable TJ, but the rust can cause problems parting out as well. Nobody wants to deal with trying to disassemble a Jeep where every bolt and nut removed is a battle with rust...

I can guarantee you that a junkyard's gonna take that engine out along with the transmission and transfer case.
I just had a new engine put in my 06 and paid nearly a grand for just the engine. So what do you think I should do??

If it were mine I would list it as a parts car, be honest as possible about the condition, and price it to sell

If it were mine I would list it as a parts car, be honest as possible about the condition, and price it to sell

That's pretty much what i've been doing. I've been very descriptive in the ad.However people still keep asking about individual parts. I think it's worth more than what a junkyard gives but I have no idea how much

That's pretty much what i've been doing. I've been very descriptive in the ad.However people still keep asking about individual parts. I think it's worth more than what a junkyard gives but I have no idea how much

They want the seats sight unseen. I think that's a mistake. Admit we did take some parts off And my husband said it really wasn't that hard to get off.

What do you have the pictures on? Cell phone, picture file on computer? You should be able to upload using the attach files button from computer or log onto site through cell phone and attach.

IMG_1512.jpeg

Junkyards here would give you under $500. Full doors alone are worth more than that.