2002 Sound Bar Replacement Recommendations

DeLoe5

Hello everyone!

I was replacing my stock roll bar covers with a Smittybilt MOLLE Sport Bar Cover Kit (turned out great) and when I took the sound bar with the dome light off, the cover completely fell apart like meat falling off the bone. I took the fuse out for the dome light and will just have to go without the sound bar for a bit. I have been looking all over the place and have not found any replacements. I am fine with something close to the stock sound bar and do not need anything fancy. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Have a great weekend y'all!

Old covers.jpg

New Smittybilt MOLLE covers.jpg

Stock Soundbar.jpg

Hello everyone!

I was replacing my stock roll bar covers with a Smittybilt MOLLE Sport Bar Cover Kit (turned out great) and when I took the sound bar with the dome light off, the cover completely fell apart like meat falling off the bone. I took the fuse out for the dome light and will just have to go without the sound bar for a bit. I have been looking all over the place and have not found any replacements. I am fine with something close to the stock sound bar and do not need anything fancy. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Have a great weekend y'all!

View attachment 534738

View attachment 534739

View attachment 534740

Looks like you had speaker oil leaking. I'd consider getting a setup on eBay like C.J. mentioned.

Not seeing the damage on the original sound bar?

If/when you replace it pack it with some polyfil insulation. Helps the sound quality.

-Mac

It is fully functional but the cover is destroyed and the original foam inside disintegrated.
I looked for covers first but no luck.

Ah gotcha. I've got a 97 and it doesn't have a cover.

Why not paint it to match the rollbar covers or a nice coat of matte black?

You also could buy some fabric and spray glue it to the sound bar.

I'll bet you could also wrap and weave Paracord over the entire soundbar.

Just some thoughts.

-Mac

P.S. Since you've got the original find a local reupholster to make a new one...or learn to sew.

Ah gotcha. I've got a 97 and it doesn't have a cover.

Why not paint it to match the rollbar covers or a nice coat of matte black?

You also could buy some fabric and spray glue it to the sound bar.

I'll bet you could also wrap and weave Paracord over the entire soundbar.

Just some thoughts.

-Mac

P.S. Since you've got the original find a local reupholster to make a new one...or learn to sew.

These are some good ideas! I like the idea of spray gluing new fabric and painting it. I was also considering painting the center portion of the dash so I could knock out a couple things at once.

Reactions: macleanflood