2002 TJ dark red - Christoph's build

Christoph0315

Hi ya’ll from Richmond, VA,

The wife and I are expats from Germany and moved here 3 years ago. Not willing to spend much money, I decided back than to buy a cheap TJ for 4500 USD. Looking backwards, I’m very luck about
4.0 L
manual trans

not so luck about
Rust everywhere

Meanwhile the family grew and we have one new member since this year. The wife is driving SUV now and the TJ remains as a pure fun toy, although I’m using it currently to commute. I’ve spend thousands of dollars and will share my story. Still, many things are not done yet and I‘ll continue building till perfection :)

looking forward spending more time here,

Cheers

F6A3EC9F-5FD1-4388-B278-079CDB91D0BC.jpeg

75B0D252-B52D-438E-9225-6ED10A7869EA.jpeg

Reactions: uhgordo
Great looking TJ! That color is called Sienna Pearl and it's one of my favorite colors.

well well well, don't really know where to start.

I guess the story was, i took possession of the jeep late last year. Lets face it, she looked bad...

IMG_20200116_103400.jpg

IMG_20200116_103411.jpg

just some pictures of in between.

I was looking for a super charger or something else stupid to have a bit more fun with it. We did compression test and took the head down. the engine R.I.P.
a little back and fore, didn't wanted to go strocker, so I decided to build my own version

ATK crate
1.7 rocker roller
edelbrock cylinder head
msg cables and stuff
70mm bkk
I'm currently breaking in the engine.

jbd heaters, magnaflow all the way. open KN filter

when all is running I may change the injection for MSG programmable, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8516, anybody experience with it?

One of the best things I've done is the Centerclutch and BM Shifter. That thing is dope.

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20200109_092812.jpg

thats it for now, 2bc

• Wow
Reactions: SoCalGlide and TJ2
update,
engine is broken in now, runs fine. I have a lot of issues with cables and stuff. Since I use it pretty much as a daily right now I figure I need sound.
I just ordered some components and will throw them in soon.
The battery cable gave me this morning another break down. I just ordered new once as well and am looking forward to get this all cleaned up under the hood.
2tc.