2002 Wrangler

Sorry it took so long for a response.

I'm going to install a 6.0l LS2 I got out of a Chevy Express 2500 van. My cousin's company just purchased new vehicles so I got the entire van for cheap. Right now I'm collecting everything needed and will start rebuilding/stroking the motor soon. I'm also going to upgrade the tranny, originally I was going to use a 4L60E but the van has a 4L80E HD which is a little stronger. I have to tear it down to install the new output shaft so I figured that it might as well get some attention. My hope is to have it completed by next spring but we'll see how that goes! ;)

Reactions: Chris
Sorry it took so long for a response.

I'm going to install a 6.0l LS2 I got out of a Chevy Express 2500 van. My cousin's company just purchased new vehicles so I got the entire van for cheap. Right now I'm collecting everything needed and will start rebuilding/stroking the motor soon. I'm also going to upgrade the tranny, originally I was going to use a 4L60E but the van has a 4L80E HD which is a little stronger. I have to tear it down to install the new output shaft so I figured that it might as well get some attention. My hope is to have it completed by next spring but we'll see how that goes! ;)
Just get the Atlas with the correct input/ Save a bunch of time and trouble. Trust me. I know!

Reactions: Adam and Chris
Linkage it attached to the case unless you use the cable system. I have hard links and am satisfied. The twin sticks are the beauty of the Atlas and some of the older TCs. 2wd rear only, front only, or both. Same for the rear wd.
When wheeling I use low range 2wd drive a lot. Gives me low gearing/slower speeds without binding the front axle u-joints.

Reactions: Adam and Chris
received_1119961064701623.jpeg
Well, my 6.0 plans didn't quite work out but I was able to score this 5.3 powered wreck for cheap! And, only 130,000 miles! Let the build begin!
received_1119961024701627.jpeg
20160328_173836.jpg
Got the engine and transmission ready to pull, just need my cherry picker. Should have it out and on the engine stand in a couple days.

Nice, that's going to be one hell of a fun swap! What did you pick it up for?

Reactions: Adam
View attachment 3976 Well, my 6.0 plans didn't quite work out but I was able to score this 5.3 powered wreck for cheap! And, only 130,000 miles! Let the build begin!View attachment 3977 View attachment 3978 Got the engine and transmission ready to pull, just need my cherry picker. Should have it out and on the engine stand in a couple days.

That so reminds me of my project two 1/2 years ago.
I started to do just a engine swap but found so much rust in the frame/body that it turned into an entire frame off restoration.
If you have questions feel free to ask here or PM. If I don't know the answer I guarantee you I know where to send you for the answer.

Which tranny does this one have?

Nice, that's going to be one hell of a fun swap! What did you pick it up for?
I ended up paying $900 for the entire truck but have been able to recoup a lot of that by parting it out. It rolled a few times so the body panels were trashed but the rest is in good shape. I managed to get everything out last weekend and am now working on the motor. I will upload more pics as I have them!

Reactions: Chris
That so reminds me of my project two 1/2 years ago.
I started to do just a engine swap but found so much rust in the frame/body that it turned into an entire frame off restoration.
If you have questions feel free to ask here or PM. If I don't know the answer I guarantee you I know where to send you for the answer.

Which tranny does this one have?
Awesome, thanks!! Im sure I will have questions! This one has the 4L60E in it. The kicker is that the truck only had 130,000 miles on it and the engine ran perfectly. I started tearing it down and it is perfect inside! All of the cylinder walls and journals are in great shape. The only bad thing is that there is a broken exhaust stud on the drivers side but I am pretty sure I can get it out.

Reactions: Stinger
$900 isn't bad at all considering you've got an entire donor vehicle (which makes things fifteen times easier!).

Can't blame you at all, I totally would have done a refresh at all since the engine is already out.