2004 BAT auction flame red TJ Rubicon 25k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO that undercoating alone devalues it. The bidders don’t seem to care, but I’ve long said that BaT is filled with people with far more money than brains.

Reactions: Tldelaney
IMHO that undercoating alone devalues it. The bidders don’t seem to care, but I’ve long said that BaT is filled with people with far more money than brains.
Agreed! That was my thought too on the undercoating that it is going to bring down the value- although based on condition of everything else I am pretty positive it is pristine underneath and not hiding anything. Since that other 'original owner' Rubi went for $38250 just a short time ago, I suspect this one will push $40k too - like you said as long as those people on BaT have all this disposable $$$$

This one isn't fully optioned either - no privacy glass on hard-top, no upgraded 7-speaker stereo, no dual top.......

Reactions: Starrs
Agreed! That was my thought too on the undercoating that it is going to bring down the value- although based on condition of everything else I am pretty positive it is pristine underneath and not hiding anything. Since that other 'original owner' Rubi went for $38250 just a short time ago, I suspect this one will push $40k too - like you said as long as those people on BaT have all this disposable $$$$

This one isn't fully optioned either - no privacy glass on hard-top, no upgraded 7-speaker stereo, no dual top.......

Yep, and if you look around you can find these low mileage, clean TJ Rubicons for 20k or less. BaT is where people go to overpay for vehicles, plain and simple. That site used to be pretty cool but it's been overrun with dealers and sleaze balls who flip vehicles for far more than they paid.

I would never buy a vehicle on that site, but I'd certainly use it to sell a vehicle since you'll almost certainly get a good amount of money if you have a clean, well kept vehicle.

Still, I roll my eyes. Almost 40k for a clean TJ? I wonder if that person who paid that much has ever driven a TJ. They certainly aren't worth 40k. Well, unless you have more money than brains.

Reactions: brewtus98
Yep, and if you look around you can find these low mileage, clean TJ Rubicons for 20k or less. BaT is where people go to overpay for vehicles, plain and simple. That site used to be pretty cool but it's been overrun with dealers and sleaze balls who flip vehicles for far more than they paid.

I would never buy a vehicle on that site, but I'd certainly use it to sell a vehicle since you'll almost certainly get a good amount of money if you have a clean, well kept vehicle.

Still, I roll my eyes. Almost 40k for a clean TJ? I wonder if that person who paid that much has ever driven a TJ. They certainly aren't worth 40k. Well, unless you have more money than brains.
Well said.

Reactions: Chris
I’m wondering why cross put this on Bat? Wonder if it was listed at cross and no bites or maybe Bat is a better option for these jeeps

1614871476785.png
1614871770621.png

Sold for $25950. A little less than the last low-mileage TJ Rubi - guess the right buyer just wasn't there? Maybe people not wanting to contribute to Dealership profit vs. private owner? They were pretty comparable condition-wise, both near perfect......Hmmmm.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.