2004 Cummins 4BT Swap - 5-Speed Tremec 4050 - NP 205

Well I ordered the Cummins Fluidampnr and the ARP bolt kit. The Empty T-Case from EBAY should be here in a day or 2, I still need to order the Serpentine Belt drive system which includes all the Hardware, Brackets, Alt and AC Compressor, also have an Order in to Torque King for some Gaskets and Shims for the NP205 Case and still need to order some gauges and do a full rebuild on the 4BT and do a sand blast, Hot Tank, Stone the Machine surfaces Chase all the bolt holes, Prime and Paint the T-Case then Assemble and Bolt the Engine Trans and T-case together and get running on the engine test stand and I will Probably have a small amount of fab work to do on the test stand, then pull the Jeep Tub, The Jeep drive train and test fit the new Drive Train in the Jeep Frame, Goal is to be done around Oct to Nov 1st

The plan is to make this swap look like it came from the factory with a 4BT, Keep it simple and have easy access for all the little shit like Fuel Filters, Oil Filter Turbo, Starter, Alt, AC Compressor, Vacuum Pump ect

I was able to complete the 2.8L conversion in my driveway.

But I didn't have to do any research

I opted for the 4 BT actually a 4BTA due to its simplicity, proven design, and able to perform in any environment from the Artic to the desert and dun dun da no freaking electronics, sensors, or computers
Dana 44s maybe high steer on front
Tremec 5 spd
NP 205
Midarm suspension
Sandblast and paint frame
Paint jeep tub in Sahara Sand Satin
Black Bumpers, Hard top ect
running on 33s to 35s

I opted for the 4 BT actually a 4BTA due to its simplicity, proven design, and able to perform in any environment from the Artic to the desert and dun dun da no freaking electronics, sensors, or computers

Agree whole heartedly, if I ever build a LJ it will be a 4bt for sure.

Love the torque in the 2.8r

I'm running 4:10 gearing on 35" without an issue. Lots of power to pass at 70 mph

Well Got the new NP 205 case in today its fucking junk looks like someone took it apart with a ball peen hammer at least the ebayer says he will send another of give me a refund

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
I do not know what the hell is wrong people when the first tool they reach for is vise grips and a ball peen hammer and says some stupid shit like I am going to restore or rebuild this chingadera what phquing hacks