2004 front locker light not on

Hi Ggall,

Hope you get your locker issue figured out.
And I thought I’d mention something I was told when checking my factory locker out.

And that is if you suspect that the bladder is leaking, do not check it with compressed air. The factory bladder only sees a few pounds to actuate, so if you check it with your compressor, you risk blowing out your bladder. And they’re no longer made.

So I used my vacuum check tool, which is probably the safest way to do it.

Good luck! 😸

Hi Ggall,

And I thought I’d mention something I was told when checking my factory locker out.

And that is if you suspect that the bladder is leaking, do not check it with compressed air. The factory bladder only sees a few pounds to actuate, so if you check it with your compressor, you risk blowing out your bladder. And they’re no longer made.

Good luck! 😸

This is a very good post .

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Hi Ggall,

Good luck! 😸

Well I did some more checking. First off when I hit the button once for rear locker. Air goes to front. Not back. Hit it again goes to back and compressor goes off and I can get it to lock. Front compressor keeps running won’t shut off. Which means I have a leak I guess. Also wires must be plugged in backwards. I’m trying that next. What about pump not shutting off. How do I fix air leak?

So two things. Get a new sensor for front to see if can get light blinking.
I don't think a bad sensor would cause the light to not blink.
The cluster flashes the light when it gets a lock request signal from the switch.
The cluster then turns it solid when it gets a locked signal from the locker sensor.

Second wiring on switch must be backwards?
Maybe. Or, more likely switched at the pumps since the rear locker light flashes correctly.
It would make more sense if the rear locker was leaking.
That would trick the system and allow the use of the front without the rear being locked.

Last edited: