2004 LJ Air Bag Question

Mariposa Mike

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Have a new to me 2004 and the previous owner cannot answer my question. Was/is there a recall on the driver's side air bag for this model? I have a 2004 Dodge Ram that does have a recall and maybe these were the same Takata bag recall. I could check with a dealer but I don't trust info without doing the homework first.

I figured that but if they say there is not, and there is, then I would not know to argue the point. I imagine they would want the work but I have spoken to some at dealerships that define the phrase "You can't fix stupid". Want to know before I call if this Jeep was included.

Just did the KBB and it says there is one recall but looks like it's for a safety label that was not placed in some cars. Thanks for the tip. So looks like my Jeep is not affected with an air bag recall.

Reactions: pagrey
I had an 04 Lj that did have a airbag recall if i remember correctly it was for the what they called clock spring. It would break and make noise when i would turn the steering wheel

More good info. Thanks. I will be calling the dealer to inquire as well but now armed with some info. The PO is elderly and has medical issues which have affected his recall.