2004 Rubicon with 3,500 miles

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So I'm driving around our small town two days ago. I see this flame red Rubicon that looks brand new. Who couldn't notice it? The guy pulled right next to me and I recognized him. Don't know him well but he used to handle my insurance.I had never seen him in that vehicle before.

IMG_0174.JPG

So I go by his work today. It's sitting out front. We got to talking about the Rubicon. He said, guess how many miles are on it? I guessed 30K. He said, 3,500. Then he tells me it's an 2004. Then he tells me he has a 2005 LJ in some yellow color, he couldn't recall the name. But he knew a guy at the Detroit plant and they ran this one special for him. It also has 3,500 miles on it. Then he goes on to tell me about his 1978 CJ-7 with 23,000 miles and his 1983 Scrambler and his 2010 Commando and his 2018 JKU.

He's building a climate control building to store all the Jeeps in.

Back to the Rubicon TJ. Says it has never seen a drop of rain, never a speck of dust. Keeps jet fuel in the tank to protect the lines. Crazy. Of course, I tried to buy it. He said he probably would never sell it. I asked what hte sticker price was so he went to a file and pulled out everything kept meticulously. Original sticker was laminated. He had it specially made and it had every option available in 2004. Sticker price was $29,xxx. I said I'd love to see his Jeeps. He invited me over next Wednesday night at 5:30 to drink free beer and eat free BBQ at his place (which is less than 5 miles away!). So I'll get pics and post so I won't be the only one lusting.

Anyway, thought I'd share. If it ever comes up for sale you know who is going to own it...

So I'm driving around our small town two days ago. I see this flame red Rubicon that looks brand new. Who couldn't notice it? The guy pulled right next to me and I recognized him. Don't know him well but he used to handle my insurance.I had never seen him in that vehicle before.

View attachment 18718

So I go by his work today. It's sitting out front. We got to talking about the Rubicon. He said, guess how many miles are on it? I guessed 30K. He said, 3,500. Then he tells me it's an 2004. Then he tells me he has a 2005 LJ in some yellow color, he couldn't recall the name. But he knew a guy at the Detroit plant and they ran this one special for him. It also has 3,500 miles on it. Then he goes on to tell me about his 1978 CJ-7 with 23,000 miles and his 1983 Scrambler and his 2010 Commando and his 2018 JKU.

He's building a climate control building to store all the Jeeps in.

Back to the Rubicon TJ. Says it has never seen a drop of rain, never a speck of dust. Keeps jet fuel in the tank to protect the lines. Crazy. Of course, I tried to buy it. He said he probably would never sell it. I asked what hte sticker price was so he went to a file and pulled out everything kept meticulously. Original sticker was laminated. He had it specially made and it had every option available in 2004. Sticker price was $29,xxx. I said I'd love to see his Jeeps. He invited me over next Wednesday night at 5:30 to drink free beer and eat free BBQ at his place (which is less than 5 miles away!). So I'll get pics and post so I won't be the only one lusting.

Anyway, thought I'd share. If it ever comes up for sale you know who is going to own it...

This sounds totally awesome. Ask him if he wants to join our community.

We definitely need a 'JMT Discovers a Lost World of Perfectly Preserved Vintage Jeeps' thread. Photos required.

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. Pics with commentary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely get pics and commentary and ask if he'd be interested in joining our forum, over a beer! :beer-toast1:

Loving that flame red color, wow it is pristine. He'd shake his head if he ever got a close look at my '04 Rubicon. :eek:
Sometimes I don't understand why people try to preserve. I mean, I bought mine to enjoy. Just saying.

But you guys are having fun with your TJ, like me! It's nice to see a showroom TJ, but not for me. If I had it I'd sell it for $40K

I'll get some inside pics of both the TJ and LJ. I don't know what this guy really does, since he sells insurance, but he's obviously a native of our area and has a lot of acreage in a very expensive location to live for TX. He said the engine is as clean as the day it left the dealership. It was bought in our town and has never gone farther than five miles from the dealership. The symbol above the Jeep on the side is Crenwelge, the name of the dealership here. The rear tailpipe looks practically brand new...

@Fouledplugs, you already have one with about 14K if I remember correctly! You can't have all the low mileage TJ's. Well, I guess if you have the $$$$ you can...

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I'll get some inside pics of both the TJ and LJ. I don't know what this guy really does, since he sells insurance, but he's obviously a native of our area and has a lot of acreage in a very expensive location to live for TX. He said the engine is as clean as the day it left the dealership. It was bought in our town and has never gone farther than five miles from the dealership. The symbol above the Jeep on the side is Crenwelge, the name of the dealership here. The rear tailpipe looks practically brand new...

@Fouledplugs, you already have one with about 14K if I remember correctly! You can't have all the low mileage TJ's. Well, I guess if you have the $$$$ you can...
once you get a Jeep you starting wanting all the Jeeps.

Yes I have a low mileage TJ, but I actually am looking around for a low (3,500 miles would be preferred :aaaaa:) mileage Rubicon (TJ or LJ)

once you get a Jeep you starting wanting all the Jeeps.

Yes I have a low mileage TJ, but I actually am looking around for a low (3,500 miles would be preferred :aaaaa:) mileage Rubicon (TJ or LJ)
Hey, I'll hit him up for you. See what I can broker...He paid 29,xxx so from the way he talked about his CJ-7 being worth in the 30,000 range, and his statement that TJ's may do that kind of swing sometime, I'm thinking he'll hold till he can get significantly more than 29,000. But he also said he had a hard time letting goof stuff, so this one may never hit the market, at least in his lifetime...You're moving to the mainland soon, right? That would be a nice present if you could get it...

Reactions: Fouledplugs