SOLD 2004 TJ Sport - 57k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrTrek

Price
$18,500
At sort of a crossroads. It's time to put new tires on. So either do that or sell it so the new buyer can do what they want with it. Really like this little character but just haven't driven it enough the last couple of years. It deserves more than just taking one of my bikes to a trailhead.

So I'll put it up here for a short time before I sell it locally or just keep it which wouldn't break my heart. Anyway here are some details.
  • Never lifted stock Sport except for:
    • ARB front lockers and compressor
    • Added skids - UCF engine, Skidrow lower control arms and radiator.
  • 57,500 miles
  • 5 speed
  • 30" wheel package, which means Dana 44 rear with TracLoc, Dana 30 front.
  • Original OEM hardtop AND a Bestop NX soft top. Also a Pavement End cabin curtain and some Spiderwebs.
  • Tuffy rear door security enclosure (I like this)
  • New Rancho shocks
  • New battery
  • Radiator recently flushed.
  • Will include new in the box OEM Rubicon flares (if I sell locally I won't be including these and will offer here later).
  • I am also including the original OEM sidesteps and even the bumper "milkjugs", if someone wants to be completely stock.
  • I have the rear seat that I took out immediately.
  • Bunch of other stuff that you can take, use, sell, leave, whatever.
I've owned this Jeep for 7 years, zero issues and it's been taken care of, maintained and always garaged. The frame has NO rust, not even surface. Jeep has spent all of its life in WA and OR inland. This is a really nice cared for Jeep and I have the service records, prior to me buying CarFax and the original factory build sheet. If there is some camera shot you'd like just let me know. Thx for looking.
P8142818Jeep.JPG
P7092778Jeepframe2.JPGP7092779Jeepframe3.JPGP7102791Jeepframe4.JPGP7092784JeepTuffy.JPGP7092787Jeep2.JPG

P7092777Jeepframe1.JPG

P7092779Jeepframe3.JPG

Last edited:
Interested.

Can you post some pictures of the engine bay and what the tub looks like under the carpet? Looking for front floor boards and the rear cargo area under the carpet.

Fouledplugs: Following will be some shots to start. A dreary, dark, cold day here in Oregon (as usual). Having to do this inside, so the lighting kind of sucks and is impacting the interior shots and probably will impact shots of the underneath, so I may wait until it lightens up to do those. I'll break the pix into sections, with engine/front exterior, interior and then underneath when I can get some decent shots.

Actually enjoying doing this, except now I'm wondering why the hell I'm selling this ;).

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Engine bay, ARB compressor and a look at how I routed it and then some front exterior shots.

The orange hose is the air hose attached to the compressor.

On the front I usually have the Colgan hood cover on. I took it off to show that I'm not hiding anything. The grill has a clear bra on it. I had material left over from my Subaru being done so I used it on the grill. Really works.

PC093265Eng1.JPGPC093266Eng2.JPGPC093271Eng3.JPGPC093268ARBroute.JPGPC093270ARBcomp.JPGPC093274Exterior2.JPGPC093272Exterior1.JPG

Last edited:
Fouledplugs: Following will be some shots to start. A dreary, dark, cold day here in Oregon (as usual). Having to do this inside, so the lighting kind of sucks and is impacting the interior shots and probably will impact shots of the underneath, so I may wait until it lightens up to do those. I'll break the pix into sections, with engine/front exterior, interior and then underneath when I can get some decent shots.

Actually enjoying doing this, except now I'm wondering why the hell I'm selling this ;).
Take your time, I understand.

Reactions: OrTrek
Interior and cargo area. The driver side shot of the pan was bad - might try later, but looked the same as the passenger side. I pulled the carpet to where the insulation is. In the cargo area I pulled to where the Tuffy security enclosure starts. When I do the underneath I'll get shots of the tub as well. Speedo says 57349.

PC093276Int1.JPGPC093280Int3.JPGPC093281Int4.JPGPC093282Cargo.JPGPC093279Int2.JPGPC093286IntSpeed.JPG

Some more frame shots and a shot of the tub directly below the driver side floor. Also the UCF engine skid, the Skidrow lower control arm and radiator skids. Note the Jeep front diff "skid" was on when I bought the Jeep. I'm pretty sure the PO didn't do anything off road as I immediately learned that the track bar hit the top of skid in any even remotely rough terrain. I cut it back and am using the bolts.

PC093288UCFskid.JPGPC093290LowerControl.JPGPC093296Frame.JPGPC093297GAS.JPGPC093298Shock.JPGPC093299Fullframe.JPGPC093299Tub.JPG

At sort of a crossroads. It's time to put new tires on. So either do that or sell it so the new buyer can do what they want with it. Really like this little character but just haven't driven it enough the last couple of years. It deserves more than just taking one of my bikes to a trailhead.

So I'll put it up here for a short time before I sell it locally or just keep it which wouldn't break my heart. Anyway here are some details.
  • Never lifted stock Sport except for:
    • ARB front lockers and compressor
    • Added skids - UCF engine, Skidrow lower control arms and radiator.
  • 57,500 miles
  • 5 speed
  • 30" wheel package, which means Dana 44 rear with TracLoc, Dana 30 front.
  • Original OEM hardtop AND a Bestop NX soft top. Also a Pavement End cabin curtain and some Spiderwebs.
  • Tuffy rear door security enclosure (I like this)
  • New Rancho shocks
  • New battery
  • Radiator recently flushed.
  • Will include new in the box OEM Rubicon flares (if I sell locally I won't be including these and will offer here later).
  • I am also including the original OEM sidesteps and even the bumper "milkjugs", if someone wants to be completely stock.
  • I have the rear seat that I took out immediately.
  • Bunch of other stuff that you can take, use, sell, leave, whatever.
I've owned this Jeep for 7 years, zero issues and it's been taken care of, maintained and always garaged. The frame has NO rust, not even surface. Jeep has spent all of its life in WA and OR inland. This is a really nice cared for Jeep and I have the service records, prior to me buying CarFax and the original factory build sheet. If there is some camera shot you'd like just let me know. Thx for looking.View attachment 295050View attachment 295042View attachment 295044View attachment 295048View attachment 295046View attachment 295047

View attachment 295036

View attachment 295038
Engine bay, ARB compressor and a look at how I routed it and then some front exterior shots.

The orange hose is the air hose attached to the compressor.

On the front I usually have the Colgan hood cover on. I took it off to show that I'm not hiding anything. The grill has a clear bra on it. I had material left over from my Subaru being done so I used it on the grill. Really works.

View attachment 295405View attachment 295406View attachment 295409View attachment 295407View attachment 295408View attachment 295411View attachment 295410
Could you send me the Vin so that I can pull the carfax? Thanks

@OrTrek thanks for being patient with me and taking the time to take the requested photos.

Can you tell me a little more about the rear security setup? Did you have to drill into the tub?

The reason I ask is bc I would likely remove it and curious as to what I would be left with.

No problem. No drilling. It uses the OEM mounting points and is easy to take out and put in. Here is a link to the item - this design might be slightly different but basically the same. I like it as most of the time (almost always) I'm not using the hardtop and keep a couple items kind of secured in it when I'm at some remote location. I have all the OEM bolts, belts and of course the rear seat (which can be used with this also).
LINK: https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...ecurity-enclosure-jeep-1997-2006-wrangler-tj/

Status
Not open for further replies.