2005 LJ Rubicon Build Log - His

Got the Savvy Bumper that came with 'Hers' LJ Powder coated and installed tonight...looks rather nice

IMG_20210712_200905973_HDR.jpg

Reactions: taylormade73
Lots of work completed...just keeping the log updated

1. Rebuilt transmission + B&M shifter
2. New clutch, just lightly sanded flywheel as recommended
3. Replaced rear main
4. Replaced Valve Cover Gasket
5. Cat back exhaust - reused cats - Banks Kit

Transmission report after a few hundred miles...I love it...I also really like the B&M shifter. The whole deal with high impact was fine. I will be getting another from them this summer

Transmission report after a few hundred miles...I love it...I also really like the B&M shifter. The whole deal with high impact was fine. I will be getting another from them this summer
Transmission followup...love the short shifter and the transmission is amazing compared to the one it replaced

Just put on a master top soft top in the Twill fabric. The install was easy and so far so good. I put it on in mid 50's weather, so I need to center it better when it warms up. I only plan to use windows when absolutely necessary

IMG_20220312_114749625.jpg

Reactions: L J
Just a note on the Mastertop install - i got the replacement fabric version where you have to re-use 1 part. The twill seems nicer than the typical plastic tops. Kinda curious if the Bestop Twill is better, but not available for a LJ anyway.

The website instructions say you have to use a few parts, but is wrong. You use the windshield header, door surrounds and tailgate bar from the existing soft top. You add 2 1/4" holes to the surrounds for different brackets and the rest is pretty standard.

It does have the front convertible feature, but I do not plan to use it, so not comments from me.