California 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldButStillJeeping

Old School Jeep TJ Tinker
Supporting Member
Price
NO LONGER FOR SALE...
2005 Rocky Mountain Edition TJ. Patriot Blue.
Belly Up / Tummy Tuck. 111,000 miles, 4.0, Auto Trans, Super Short SYE, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, Currie and Rokmen adjustable control arms, Dana 44 rear with Detroit Trutrac, Dana 30 front with Detroit Locker and RCV axles. PSC Steering box. RockHard 4x4 Full Cage and tire carrier. 4.56 ring and pinion. Warm Synthetic line M8000S winch. Terraflex Trans and engine skid. Cobra CB, Firestick Antenae. Trans Cooler. JCR Rock Rails. REG is paid, won't pass California smog check due to "O2 sensors not ready".

20190206_112405.jpg

Last edited:
2005 Rocky Mountain Edition TJ. Patriot Blue.
Belly Up / Tummy Tuck. 111,000 miles, 4.0, Auto Trans, Super Short SYE, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, Currie and Rokmen adjustable control arms, Dana 44 rear with Detroit Trutrac, Dana 30 front with Detroit Locker and RCV axles. PSC Steering box. RockHard 4x4 Full Cage and tire carrier. 4.56 ring and pinion. Warm Synthetic line M8000S winch. Terraflex Trans and engine skid. Cobra CB, Firestick Antenae. Trans Cooler. JCR Rock Rails. REG is paid, won't pass California smog check due to "O2 sensors not ready".

View attachment 90761
Don't know if it matters but we just fixed one with the same issue. The TSB had been done, O2 sensors replaced, yada yada, the usual drill. We did some fairly specific AB parts swapping and figured out the PCM was bad. Customer got one from Rock Auto, we downloaded the software into it and it's good to go. If you need some help with it, we don't mind. If that isn't why you're selling it, disregard.

Damn...what have you tried to get it to pass? Sorry to see you needing to sell your jeep because of an emissions problem.

GLWS

That's it in a nutshell.
2 years ago to pass smog I replaced all four 02 sensors with NTK. Then paid a cert smog repair facility $350 to diagnose it. They replaced the canister / purge valve and it passed.

This year i had 'not ready' and did the service rewire in the power dist box. That 'not ready' went away but now getting 'not ready' 02 sensors.

If I replace all 4 sensors.... $100
If I replace the cats ( which test OK)...$600 to $1,000.
If it's PCM computer.... $400 to $1,000 if I can find one.

A few months ago I had to replace the steering box. Put in a PSC, which was $1,000.

I'm tired of chasing the 'happy jeep place" Tired of throwing $ at it. Just to do it again in two more years at next smog requirement. And all this for a jeep that I drive maybe 2,000 miles a year. And we quit the Jeep club runs.... so it's a source of pride for all the work I put into making it capable. But now it's become little more than a pain in my ass.

Someone out of state that doesn't have smog checks will have a great running and very capable jeep for years to come. With quality parts thru out.

I done.

Don't know if it matters but we just fixed one with the same issue. The TSB had been done, O2 sensors replaced, yada yada, the usual drill. We did some fairly specific AB parts swapping and figured out the PCM was bad. Customer got one from Rock Auto, we downloaded the software into it and it's good to go. If you need some help with it, we don't mind. If that isn't why you're selling it, disregard.
Thank you sir. It is because of the emissions. And I appreciate the help offer but I've got no more patience.

Chris can delete this if he wants but I thought I give you my two cents. I own the Jeep mrblaine is referring to. I recently spent over $20k on it and wasn't able to register it do to what turned out to be a failing PCM. If for no other reason than the financial consideration, take a few days or weeks to cool off and replace the computer for less than $600 plug and play. You put a lot of time, effort and money into your TJ, don't let it go to waste.

Thank you sir. It is because of the emissions. And I appreciate the help offer but I've got no more patience.
We have more then enough patience with stuff like this and far more than most. Certainly enough to go around and if nothing else, it will make it a turn key sale. Who knows, you might even get over hating it and drive it again?

Reactions: Chris
We have more then enough patience with stuff like this and far more than most. Certainly enough to go around and if nothing else, it will make it a turn key sale. Who knows, you might even get over hating it and drive it again?

Alright, It's worth a try. You kids convinced me. Especially the part where Chris would think I'm stupid if I didn't jump on it. That really hurt. :)
@mrblaine, if you want to look at it and experiment, diagnose it, etc, I would appreciate your expert's knowledge. Anyway, I don't know you sir, but from everything I've read on here you are a Jeep genius and a gem of a person. I'll gladly drop it off and leave it with you for a few hours, days, weeks... etc. Thank you.
At your leisure, PM me with details of getting my jeep to you and your preferred arraignment. Of course I'll pay you for your time, and supply parts as needed. I'll PM you my phone number. Typing sucks.

Alright, It's worth a try. You kids convinced me. Especially the part where Chris would think I'm stupid if I didn't jump on it. That really hurt. :)
@mrblaine, if you want to look at it and experiment, diagnose it, etc, I would appreciate your expert's knowledge. Anyway, I don't know you sir, but from everything I've read on here you are a Jeep genius and a gem of a person. I'll gladly drop it off and leave it with you for a few hours, days, weeks... etc. Thank you.
At your leisure, PM me with details of getting my jeep to you and your preferred arraignment. Of course I'll pay you for your time, and supply parts as needed. I'll PM you my phone number. Typing sucks.
Get me the part number on the PCM so I can see if I have one.

Damn...what have you tried to get it to pass? Sorry to see you needing to sell your jeep because of an emissions problem.

GLWS

Furthermore.

Not to get too personal but I've got loads of shit in the fryer right now.

I try to fly from the heart and do what's right....

A drug addict sister in law, raising hell, sleeping on the streets. And her husbsnd who can find money to buy drugs, but doesn't want to work.

How does he buy drugs, IDK ?!!!!

Remodeling a house said sister in law destroyed because she says demons are in the house wiring. And selling the house so we can send her to rehab. Which she refuses to go to.
All that and a son in the USMC in harms way.... And working 40 plus hrs a week.
A Jeep that won't pass smog is the least of my worries and a pain I don't care to deal with much longer.

Hopefully Blaine can take the Jeep burden away and fix it so I can deal with pressing issues.

Furthermore.

Not to get too personal but I've got loads of shit in the fryer right now.

I try to fly from the heart and do what's right....

A drug addict sister in law, raising hell, sleeping on the streets. And her husbsnd who can find money to buy drugs, but doesn't want to work.

How does he buy drugs, IDK ?!!!!

Remodeling a house said sister in law destroyed because she says demons are in the house wiring. And selling the house so we can send her to rehab. Which she refuses to go to.
All that and a son in the USMC in harms way.... And working 40 plus hrs a week.
A Jeep that won't pass smog is the least of my worries and a pain I don't care to deal with much longer.

Hopefully Blaine can take the Jeep burden away and fix it so I can deal with pressing issues.
That is a lot going on. Been through the drug wringer before with one of my best friends from High school. He was always bummed that he had to depend on others so much, but not enough to go get a job...Plus he didn't think anyone would hire him, but he also though McDonalds (or whatever) was beneath him. That addiction is real and its all consuming. Its tough man. Thoughts and prayers your way to help you deal with all that.

Hug your son next time you see him. If he's going to be in harms way, no better place to be that the United States MIlitary.

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping
Status
Not open for further replies.