2005 Rubicon LJ

Price is high for the mileage. Not bad looking, but I wouldn't go over $10 - $15K for this. Maybe ask that price if the mileage is around 50K.

wow you'd go that high ? I'd think 8-10k tops :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I mean you can buy 05-06 LJ's in really good condition all day long for 5-6k with around 100k miles :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: suicideking
If thats the case in your area. You could double that in LA. I'd be buying up container loads and shipping them west.

Please share the $5000 LJ's with 100k miles! But do it over PM so I can get there before anyone else! lol especially an LJR!

This is the only 5-6k TJ within 250 miles of me (Craigslist) and it's in Canada.
https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/cto/d/langley-2001-tj-sport-jeep/7687391429.html

I was poking suicideking ,notice all the emoji's . that RUBI-HARA will bring a lot more than $15k anywhere !!!! Hell, I just paid $20k for my Rubicon with 95k miles and it took almost a year to find it ! I stopped bidding on a RUBI with 60k miles on it at $28k and watched it go for over $37k +5% to the auction site a few months ago. so the one listed might not bring $25k but I'd bet it'll get damn close

I have ran maybe 10-12 carfax's in LA within the last year or so. Probably 8 of them had odometer fraud. Another maybe 20-30 vehicle ads would not respond to a request for plate number or vin. Which was not in the ad or visible in any pic.

You also can not get anyone's location from a plate or vin anywhere in CA by law. And its been that way for over 30 yrs. And everyone knows this. So the only reason to cover a plate is bs. If you see an ad where the plate is covered. Beware.

There is a swap meet in east LA where vendors on foot meet you at the entrance. Trying to sell you drivers licenses and social security cards. So there must be a (or several) locations in LA county that change odometers for a fee.

It's so rampant we had to just stop looking for any cars in LA county. Because it was such a waste of time and money on carfax reports. We only looked in counties north or south. All the way from Santa Barbara to San Diego. And those ended up being the locations of our last two car purchases. We had to travel 2 to 3 hrs outside of LA to find cars without odometer fraud. And had clean carfax reports.

I have ran maybe 10-12 carfax's in LA within the last year or so. Probably 8 of them had odometer fraud. Another maybe 20-30 vehicle ads would not respond to a request for plate number or vin. Which was not in the ad or visible in any pic.

You also can not get anyone's location from a plate or vin anywhere in CA by law. And its been that way for over 30 yrs. And everyone knows this. So the only reason to cover a plate is bs. If you see an ad where the plate is covered. Beware.

There is a swap meet in east LA where vendors on foot meet you at the entrance. Trying to sell you drivers licenses and social security cards. So there must be a (or several) locations in LA county that change odometers for a fee.

It's so rampant we had to just stop looking for any cars in LA county. Because it was such a waste of time and money on carfax reports. We only looked in counties north or south. All the way from Santa Barbara to San Diego. And those ended up being the locations of our last two car purchases. We had to travel 2 to 3 hrs outside of LA to find cars without odometer fraud. And had clean carfax reports.

🤔🤔🤔

Seems like many still think that if you show your plate online, someone is going to do something fraudulent. I don't know what, but seems to be the norm. I know it's BS.

If I was really interested in that LJ, I would definitely run a Carfax. You never know what you're going to find.

Regarding some that think it's worth more because it's a Rubi-Hara: Maybe so, but I could give a shit about that. That could be fake too, another good reason to run a carfax. Even if it's real, I wouldn't pay an extra $20 over a Rubi.

Reactions: JMT
I was poking suicideking ,notice all the emoji's . that RUBI-HARA will bring a lot more than $15k anywhere !!!! Hell, I just paid $20k for my Rubicon with 95k miles and it took almost a year to find it ! I stopped bidding on a RUBI with 60k miles on it at $28k and watched it go for over $37k +5% to the auction site a few months ago. so the one listed might not bring $25k but I'd bet it'll get damn close

I thought you might be, but also didn't want to miss out if you were sitting on a good mine down there. I'd book a ticket tonight for a good $5k LJR with under 100k. I think I could make it back in time for Christmas?

Reactions: tr21triton