2005 TJ NSG370 shifter seal—is it possible to replace?

I have that inner boot to change too, i have the part. What i need is a part of the shifter.

oem shifter seal.jpg

I'll sell you my shifter cheap if you want. Boot is in tact. I'd suggest Anaerobic sealant between case and shift body over the gasket.

thanks im wondering if i can make a repair or cover it somehow. appreciate the offer but not really having shift issues so id be concerned about using a used part. at this point anyway.

JOE

hello sticker shock. I've found the shift tower anywhere from $560-$1100. FCA can go f* themselves if they think I'm paying that to replace what should be a $10 seal.

IMG_20201213_214152.jpg

I haven't checked the vent yet but I'd be pretty surprised if it was clogged given how clean things are under there.

IMG_20201213_214138.jpg

well...Yes. My NSG370 shifts really well so I might want to do a little research into whether installing a used shifter is likely to give me problems.

Why is yours out, and was the seal still sealing when you took it out, as far as you know?

Is the seal removable to transfer to another shifter? Or is the reason they don't sell it separately that it would get destroyed during removal?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I literally saw this the other night after I pulled my transfer case and just started to look for a replacement an hour ago. Wouldn't you know it, the upper boot that mounts to the tub is shot, too and those things are $120. I changed both boots on my AX15 a couple of years ago and they were cheap enough that I don't even remember what I paid.

i ended up using material from the old inner boot that i had to replace as well. I cut strips and crazy glued to the existing seal. i let it set then used permatex black silicon and covered the repaired areas and a small bead around the top of the shifter. don't have a photo but seems to be holding up.

joe