2005 TJ purchase with very low oil: What issues could there be?

You still have low mileage on your Jeep. In the condition you described, I wouldn't buy it unless it was dirt cheap. I looked at a Jeep in similar condition and miles a couple months ago and passed on it at $4500. Neglected engine and trans, faded, peeling paint, in need of a new top and faded, ripped interior. This one had non working AC too.

p.s. I buy, fix up and sell Jeeps when I find a good deal and can make money on them.
@TheBoogieman man....I’d be interested in your advice.

This TJ is still available. I’m going to keep my TJ.
But... She said she’d take $9,500 now, I’m thinking give her $9,250 and I can turn this, here’s why I’m thinking it:

1. It has a Dana 44 rear, but in 3.73 hearing.
2. I can swap and put my 4.11 Dana 30/Dana 35 in for the 44 and 30 on this one.
3. I’m going 35’s soon on mine, and will have to put in a Super 35 and regear anyway, might as well do it with a Dana 44 in this project.
4. I have a Rancho 4” lift and basically new shocks. This will get that lift.
5. I’ve got my SSSYE about to go in, so my TV drop will go on this for vibes.
6. I have a nice upgraded bumper and a cheap LED bar that can go on it.
7. Adjustable RubExpress track bar can go on it.

I have a lot of the parts, the top and seat covers are the only out of pocket. My 33’s go on this, and I may throw my older winch on it.

If I can sell it for $13,500 (seems legit for an all Texas Jeep at 70,000 miles)
I need a top for $450 or so, and I’ll add front upper CA’s adjustable to go with the lowers in the kit so $250 max. All other parts and labor I have and are in great shape.

I’d get the Dana 44 and about enough profit to run my regear is my thought. Worst case I get the Dana 44 out of the deal.

I’ll put it at the High School (and I’ll make sure it drives like butter, A ZJ and total refresh steering is less than $350) and it’ll be a bad to the bone HS kid’s Jeep.

Not looking for big profit, but with my job....getting out and doing something manual is good stuff for me. Talking to my brother, he doesn’t think the oil issue will be big, just his guy though.

Am I crazy risky here?

Is the paint that bad on it? Professional painting for a hood and fenders runs around $500 here. I just got a quote to paint some of my red Jeep, but I'm going to hold off. Sounds like you have a good plan. You can buy a cheaper top for $215 if you're going to sell it..(y)

Smittybilt Replacement Soft Top with Tinted Windows - Black Diamond | Best Prices & Reviews at Morris 4x4 (morris4x4center.com)
Paint is not that bad, actually was only bad on the fender flare....I could replace or talk to replacing in sale.

You’ve done this and doesn’t sound crazy, so cool if this goes bad I’m telling my wife it’s your fault. She’s a 4-11” blonde momma, but she will got Tasmanian devil in the right situation , ha!
Thanks , I think I’m going for it.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Paint is not that bad, actually was only bad on the fender flare....I could replace or talk to replacing in sale.

You’ve done this and doesn’t sound crazy, so cool if this goes bad I’m telling my wife it’s your fault. She’s a 4-11” blonde momma, but she will got Tasmanian devil in the right situation , ha!
Thanks , I think I’m going for it.
Post some pics if you get it. (y)