2006 Jeep LJ 241 transfer case noise

Stubby75

I got a used 241 transfer case that had been professionally rebuilt in 2016 from a seller. Looks fine and tore apart quickly to check. Chain seemed loose so replaced and also the mode shift fork tension spring. Everything else looked really good. Installed and seems ok besides a semi loud noise I believe coming from the front output side of the tcase when I get to 40mph or higher. Faster I go the faster the sound. Almost like the front dshaft spinning in 2H is spinning the front tcase shaft which sounds like a grinding rattle type noise. Hard to describe. When I put I 4H the noise goes away. I’m at a loss of what it could be and if it’s causing any damage or could under enough strain to cause bigger issues or is it just an annoyance I have to get over and turn the radio up. It’s not my daily driver but I don’t want to cause more damage if it’s serious. I also am dreading having to pull the tcase out as it’s a pain. Anyone have thoughts of what it could be?

How’s your linkage? Could need adjusted and it’s in between gear ranges just barely causing partial engagement.