2006 Jeep TJ will not fire up

2006 Jeep tj is giving me a fit!! Replaced the clutch and crank shaft position sensor and the nss. Bypassed the ignition switch for a toggle switch but it will not fire up!! Need help

Crank's but does not start or does not crank?

Any codes? With your '06, you can cycle the ignition from Off to On three times and any stored codes will be displayed in the odometer.

Reactions: qslim
Why did you replace the CPS and what brand did you use. If it's a discount box store brand toss it in the garbage and get a NTK or Echlin brand as they do tend to be dead out of the box

2006 Jeep tj is giving me a fit!! Replaced the clutch and crank shaft position sensor and the nss. By passed the ignition switch for a toggle switch but it will not fire up!! Need help

Can you clarify what you mean by 'fire up'? Does it crank & not start, does it not crank, etc...

Crank's but does not start or does not crank?

Any codes? With your '06, you can cycle the ignition from Off to On three times and any stored codes will be displayed in the odometer.
Can you clarify what you mean by 'fire up'? Does it crank & not start, does it not crank, etc...
I think @Chris needs a sticky that explains the difference between will not crank over & will not start. Makes it difficult to help people when they don’t understand the difference.

Reactions: Chris
I think @Chris needs a sticky that explains the difference between will not crank over & will not start. Makes it difficult to help people when they don’t understand the difference.
Waste of time, people generally wouldn't read it and just ask anyways...which is why you see the same topics over and over and over and over...

You mean you don’t like guessing and having to extract information from the OP 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Daryl
You mean you don’t like guessing and having to extract information from the OP 🤣
Yeah, everyone has their own way of describing stuff, especially if they aren’t familiar with technical aspects.
One of my biggest annoyances when I fixed cars for a living was when the service writer would transcribe the customer’s complaint verbatim without clarifying anything. “Customer states the vehicle will not fire over sometimes and there is a noise while driving”.

Anyway, if the OP ever responds I’m sure we’d be happy to help.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I think I have it figured out. The wire going from the starter to the ignition was not getting the right amount of power. Hopefully I’ll have it fixed soon. Also I think I need a Starter shim