2006 LJ with 107K in College Station, TX - $15K

Status
Not open for further replies.

texvet

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Found this scrolling through Craigslist this morning. Looks super clean is anyone is looking for an LJ from the South.

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/d/iola-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited/7045184870.html
Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 10.03.29 AM.jpg

It looks clean from what I can see, but I'd have to see the underside.

One thing is for sure, I can't unsee those awful wheels :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: skrelnik and Hog
It looks clean from what I can see, but I'd have to see the underside.

One thing is for sure, I can't unsee those awful wheels :ROFLMAO:
Those wheels remind me of stock FJ40's from the late 60's early 70's.

Those wheels do look good on FJs, but not on a Jeep. Icon Derelicts also like to use them for that vintage look.

They would look good on the right vehicle, I am just not sure that is the right vehicle. Oh well, easy fix!

underside pics, @Chris @Starrs
I wasn't given many but i have a few, I have been talking with the current owner.
Skool me, is this what they look like in TX, seems like a lot of corrosion for a south west vehicle to me. thoughts??
Also looks like right front fender / grill had been removed, or the bolts have been pulled at one time maybe?
Didnt all LJs have a unlimited sticker under the jeep sticker?
1578187841117.png

1578187914817.png
1578187977965.png

1578188085453.png

@snowpig32 I know for a fact my LJ has never been out of Texas and made two trips to the coast, I was there for one in my old YJ with original LJ owner. I'll snap some underside photos and shoot the over to you to compare. I am pondering the thought of selling my LJ.

underside pics, @Chris @Starrs
I wasn't given many but i have a few, I have been talking with the current owner.
Skool me, is this what they look like in TX, seems like a lot of corrosion for a south west vehicle to me. thoughts??
Also looks like right front fender / grill had been removed, or the bolts have been pulled at one time maybe?
Didnt all LJs have a unlimited sticker under the jeep sticker?
View attachment 132610

View attachment 132611View attachment 132612
View attachment 132613

Would be better if they'd given you photos of the frame itself. These pictures are all but worthless. However, from the little I can see here, the frame shouldn't be too bad. Still, I want to see photos to be sure.

Sorry, got distracted this weekend with a sick kid and completely spaced taking the photos. I'll do it tonight as soon as I get home.

let me know if you need more. Frame, underbody, drive shaft, body mounts in these.

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_4281.JPG

IMG_7826.JPG

Yeah, wow, yours is clean, clean, clean.. want to sell ;-). Thanks.
Wonder why this one doesn't look like yours if its always been in TX.

No idea, mine has always been well cared for and garage stored since new. But you really don't see any rust down here unless it's a coastal vehicle, or a flood vehicle. Funny you ask I'm actually considering selling the LJ and moving to a JK Rubicon. Love the LJ, want something a little more comfortable for longer drives (500 - 2K round trips) which is why I'm considering the JK. Or a new truck and trailer for the LJ for Big Bend, CO, and some OK runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.