2006 Rubicon cruise control issues

Radioflyer1105

Here is my question. The cruise control on my Jeep does some odd things. Operating the right switch, increase/decrease speed and cancel sometimes turns the cruise control off. The button on the left needs to be pressed several times just to turn it on. This has been a problem for several years now, and I’ve decided to tackle the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

More than likely it's either a vacuum leak somewhere in the system, or the servo itself is going bad. In fact, I'd bet on one of those being the issue. The easiest place to start is by looking for vacuum leaks. A smoke test would be idea, as that's the only sure fire way to pinpoint really small leaks that would be impossible to see otherwise.

Sounds similar to the issues I've been having with my cruise. Since I've owned it, the set button has been hit or miss. Usually a quick double-tap would work. Currently, it seems to be working less often. When it doesn't work, the cruise indicator light will go out and cruise can't be turned back on until the ignition switch has been cycled off and back on. @Radioflyer1105, Does yours have that issue as well?

I also have HVAC issues which I've assumed meant a vacuum leak somewhere. When the mode switch is set to dash vents only, I can still feel air coming out the floor vents. If the temperature is set toward the low end, the floor vent air is usually warmer than what's coming from the dash vents.

More than likely it's either a vacuum leak somewhere in the system, or the servo itself is going bad. In fact, I'd bet on one of those being the issue. The easiest place to start is by looking for vacuum leaks. A smoke test would be idea, as that's the only sure fire way to pinpoint really small leaks that would be impossible to see otherwise.
Thanks for the info Chris! I have all the original vacuum lines, so they could very well be breaking down. Is there some place to find a vacuum schematic for a 2006 wrangler rubicon?

Sounds similar to the issues I've been having with my cruise. Since I've owned it, the set button has been hit or miss. Usually a quick double-tap would work. Currently, it seems to be working less often. When it doesn't work, the cruise indicator light will go out and cruise can't be turned back on until the ignition switch has been cycled off and back on. @Radioflyer1105, Does yours have that issue as well?

I also have HVAC issues which I've assumed meant a vacuum leak somewhere. When the mode switch is set to dash vents only, I can still feel air coming out the floor vents. If the temperature is set toward the low end, the floor vent air is usually warmer than what's coming from the dash vents.
No, I haven’t had issues with the HVAC. At least not like you describe. A few months ago, I replaced a leaking heater core and have replaced the fan speed switch and the resistor bank due to fan speed issues.