2006 Rubicon Frame into 99 4.0L Manual?

I know that there are differences in the transfer case skid plate mounts/bolt locations, and skids. But, not sure about everything else. Hopefully someone that has done a frame swap will chime in.

Didn't you post something similar before?

Difference between 4 & 6 cylinder frames?

@Jerry Bransford's answer applies to the 2003 and up frames:

"2003 and newer also have a different mounting bolt layout for the steering box."

The frame will fit just fine, but you'll need to use the 97-02 style steering box. As for the seats, the have nothing to do with the frame at all.

Yes I did, but that was relative to 4 to 6 cylinder frames. This is relative to 99 4L to 06 Rubicon. I was wondering if there was anything significant relative to the rubicon, apologize if it was too close a question, new to jeeps and want to make sure I fully understand what I am getting into prior to buying the wrong thing.

Regarding the steering box hole pattern, can the old pattern be drilled into the new to reuse my box?

On the skid plate, If I get the 06 skid plate with the frame, I assume it will work with my trans and tcase?

Thanks again for all the help

Yes I did, but that was relative to 4 to 6 cylinder frames. This is relative to 99 4L to 06 Rubicon. I was wondering if there was anything significant relative to the rubicon, apologize if it was too close a question, new to jeeps and want to make sure I fully understand what I am getting into prior to buying the wrong thing.

There is no difference in frames between any of the 6 cylinder models including the Rubicon or any other special edition, body code, etc.

Regarding the steering box hole pattern, can the old pattern be drilled into the new to reuse my box?

Had you taken a moment to see how your current steering box is mounted, you wouldn't ask that question. You would instead be asking if the bolt sleeve can be moved to reuse your box and the answer is yes.

On the skid plate, If I get the 06 skid plate with the frame, I assume it will work with my trans and tcase?

It can likely be made to work but the holes are off.

The 2006 Rubicon transfer case is larger than a 231 case found in all other TJs, so the skid plate is somewhat different. You might be able to have the 2006 plate modified, or pick up a 231 skid plate from a junk yard. Don't let the skid plate not fitting prevent you from buying a frame, if it's in good shape.

The 2006 Rubicon transfer case is larger than a 231 case found in all other TJs, so the skid plate is somewhat different. You might be able to have the 2006 plate modified, or pick up a 231 skid plate from a junk yard. Don't let the skid plate not fitting prevent you from buying a frame, if it's in good shape.
The Rubi case being bigger affected all the frames and skid plates they used from 03-06 on all the models regardless if it has a 231, 241, auto, manual, six or 4 cylinder.