2006 Stock 7 Speaker System Upgrade

Kris11

TJ Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

Don't get me wrong the 7 Speaker system in my TJ is great; but when the top is off and I'm on the highway its not too good. So I was just wondering if anyone upgraded their 7 Speaker system. If so what brand did you go with? Im thinking Infinity, Alpine, Kicker, or Pioneer... Any suggestions? I didn't want to replace all 7 speakers just the 4 main ones (2 in the dash and 2 in the roll bar). What size can I fit in the dash and roll bars without too much mods? Also do we know who makes the factory sound system for the TJ's? Do you think that would make a difference or should I just leave it stock? Any suggestions or pictures welcome :)

Thx,
- Kris

Last edited:
Short of going with a complete swap including AMP & Head Unit just replacing the speakers is going to yield subjective results. Regardless, I went with Polk 521s in the dash & Polk 651s in the sound pods on my LJ. For the 651s I did have to change up how they were mounted in the pods. At the same time though, I filled the cavities with polyfill and also put in a new head unit - Pioneer MVH-X560BT and am very pleased with the results. It's not earth shattering different but my perceived improvements were worth the investment.