What's a great speaker setup to make the sound quality better and louder?

No but I wouldn't suspect that they are much lower than that due to them being designed for the OE headunit. I was just cautioning to keep the speaker's Sensitivity rating up as a high as possible. There some 92 dB Sensitivity rating speakers at either Kicker or Polk but a 2 dB Sensitivity difference is not easily heard.

Is it worth spending extra on speakers when most of us are playing music from sources that have less than ideal definition?

Specs on that stereo say:

CTA-2006 Power Rating: 18W x 4
Max Power Output: 50W x 4

Look in your center console, drivers side. Do you see a speaker inside there? If so, the Jeep came with a sub in it & it's probably garbage. The Kicker 6.75" sub will fit in there. Then I mounted the sub amp up under the dash, passenger side. The compact subs like JMT listed are great too...... I have a pair of the Lickers under the back seat of my Chevy truck. There are a couple of write-ups on this forum of how guys got them installed. Their a bit larger so possibly a little harder to hide in the Wrangler.
Yeah I have the center console sub but I don’t even think mine works I can never feel it. But then again it might not be wired up to the new stereo
Specs on that stereo say:

CTA-2006 Power Rating: 18W x 4
Max Power Output: 50W x 4

So it'll be a big improvement. And adding a sub & tuning it will seaparate the highs & lows so those speakers aren't handling the lows as much & end up sounding clearer, even more capable of more volume.

Look in your center console, drivers side. Do you see a speaker inside there? If so, the Jeep came with a sub in it & it's probably garbage. The Kicker 6.75" sub will fit in there. Then I mounted the sub amp up under the dash, passenger side. The compact subs like JMT listed are great too...... I have a pair of the Lickers under the back seat of my Chevy truck. There are a couple of write-ups on this forum of how guys got them installed. Their a bit larger so possibly a little harder to hide in the Wrangler.
[/QUOTE/]
Yeah the stereo definitely made the stock speakers sound clearer and louder but I would like something a little better and Chris recommended that same kicker sub that fits in the center console I think that’s what Im going to go with. How much bass does the kicked sub have?

Yeah I have the center console sub but I don’t even think mine works I can never feel it. But then again it might not be wired up to the new stereo
Not many understand the TJ's factory subwoofer is connected to the radio's speaker output connections.

Read Chris's link on upgrading the stereo. There is info in there about installing another sub in there. It's unreal how much bass I got out of that little thing.

I read through the write up and put the recommended Kicker 6.75 in the stock sub location. Put the Kicker 200.1 mono amp under the steering column and wired it back into the factory amp turn-on — which was in turn wired into the amp turn-on of the new head unit. Went Kicker 5.25" into Select Increments speaker pods for the dash and the same speakers for the sound bar. Pioneer double-DIN AVH head unit.

Sound is amazing, and yes... you definitely need the bass to even out the sound. Once you get the crossovers dialed in, it's like wearing a pair of headphones.

Reactions: Tzerambo
Read Chris's link on upgrading the stereo. There is info in there about installing another sub in there. It's unreal how much bass I got out of that little thing.
Yeah the kicker sub I already looked over chris thread on that and I’ve decided that’s the sub I want I just can’t decide if I want to get the speakers he has on his thread or the kicker deluxe ones I have on mine.

My front setup is unconventional, I have Dayton 5.25 woofers in the stock dash locations, with the mounting surface sealed, and A-pillar Tangband mini full range speakers, and mine is at least as loud if not louder as any coaxial setup regardless of "rated" sensitivity, and sounds great (for being in a TJ with bad speaker locations) to boot. My dash woofers sensitivity rating is about 84db, and my A-pillar speakers of around 80db. I only run a 45w x 4 Kicker Key amp, bi-amped to those front speakers.

If say a Polk coaxial's sensitivity was truly 10-12db higher, I'd need about 500 watts per speaker to be as loud, which of course the speakers couldn't handle, in addition to having power compression way before even 100 watts of power.

I know that the Polks and sensitivity ratings get thrown around as absolute fact and necessary, but my actual experience and proof says otherwise.

This is loud enough to over load the phones mic at times, and I had to keep the volume low enough to record it. You'd need to yell over it if two people were up front while running at maximum undistorted output. This again is 45w x 4, and speakers with very low rated sensitivity. There is a powered sub mounted to the tailgate going too.

The video is with the top and windows down. Don't use a phone or shitty speakers to judge it.

I run a pretty standard Kenwood head unit that claims 22W RMS and 50 peak with Polk DB speakers. 5.25 in dash and 6.75 in sound bar. That plus a kicker hideaway powered sub has been pretty ideal and better than other cars I’ve had that I tried to do a mild upgrade to. The speakers sound really clear in my opinion and don’t distort when turned up too loud to even enjoy in the jeep and the sub has a little rotating switch to turn it up or down separate from everything else if you feel like dialing it in for Highway vs regular driving. Best part is that it’s easy to just unplug the sub in the trunk area and remove it when I want the space. I didn’t find any options at the time that I liked and were small enough to stow permanently under a seat. I didn’t have the stock sub console to work with though so I’m not sure about how that compares.

Yeah the kicker sub I already looked over chris thread on that and I’ve decided that’s the sub I want I just can’t decide if I want to get the speakers he has on his thread or the kicker deluxe ones I have on mine.
I had not found the Kicker dash & soundbar kits that you mentioned. I have a buddy in Portland who works for Kicker & have a ton of their gear in a 21' wake boat. And half that gear is pushing 10 yrs old. Still sounds awesome & it's stupid loud. So I was already sold on their equipment. I have the 6.5s sitting in my garage from a previous project. And picked up a pair of 5.25s, the sub & amp from my buddy. But I still had to get all the funny little adapters, wiring & whatever to make it all work. I imagine the kits your talking about take all that extra work out of the picture.

Go for it.