2006 TJ Rubicon—Replacing the entire front end of my rock crawler

I hate moving half-finished projects but glad to see you did it successfully. For future reference, you can usually find some super cheap trailer axles on the local sales pages. A pair of narrow 1500-lb trailer axles on some tiny wheels can make moving thing like that much smoother and safer.

And I never thought I'd see anyone mention Price, UT! I have been up there a handful of times (we have a plant way out in the sticks lol). I hope Big Don's pizza is still around for my next trip :)

Wow thats awesome, moving with no front axle. Guess the hand surgery didn't go well?
Actually, it went very well! I am surprised at how good my hand feels. Just been a long year. I am excited to get back and finish this project. My 2004 stockish LJ is mad at me for taking it on trails it should not go on! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
I hate moving half-finished projects but glad to see you did it successfully. For future reference, you can usually find some super cheap trailer axles on the local sales pages. A pair of narrow 1500-lb trailer axles on some tiny wheels can make moving thing like that much smoother and safer.

And I never thought I'd see anyone mention Price, UT! I have been up there a handful of times (we have a plant way out in the sticks lol). I hope Big Don's pizza is still around for my next trip :)
Well, they charged me $149 for the move so I was happy to pay it! Surprisingly the guy had experience moving vehicles without axles!

Price is awesome!

OK, here are the parts from Full-Traction! The first thing to do is get the truss welded to the rear axle housing. While that is happening I'll start cutting off old brackets and get the frame ready for the new tank and stretch/long-arm kit! Then I have to install the new high-line fenders, cold-air kit, etc. So glad to get this going!

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5677.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

Reactions: L J and Alex01