2006 TJ X suggestions on how to make it ride smoother?

Saahil

Hi All,

I am new to this Forum on TJ's. Very excited to be here!!!
In 2July 2014, I bought a 2006 TJ X with 47000 miles on it. Now it has around 61000 miles on it.

I dont know how much lift it has and the dealer didnt have all those details as well. All i know is that when I bought it, I bought it for off roading and drive it to work. But unfortunately, i had a bad accident last year and I messed up my lower back.

I dont want to get rid of my Jeep. I'll post some pictures soon and I would appreciate it you guys could tell me what all mod it has.

Also, I would like to make my jeep ride smoother, so i would appreciate some help there.

Does any of the jeep lovers on this Forum lives in Cincinnati, OH?

Thanks,
Saahil

With the Jeep sitting level measure the length of your springs minus the 1/2 inch isolater at the top. Stock front springs were 12" and rears were 8", anything over that is the aftermarket lift.

To make it ride smoother there are 2 things you can do .. 1) replace shocks and 2) make sure you have the correct air pressure in the tires. Most new Jeep owners run way too much air in the tires.

Post some pictures and include pictures of your tire size and pictures of your front springs and shocks and we can help you out.

I've uploaded some pictures of my jeep.

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5276.JPG

Looks like Pro Comp gear, which are well known to be harsh riding. Definitely check air pressure, should be around 28-29 with that size. Next would be swapping the shocks. The Rancho 5000X are well regarded, a bunch of us run them and are pleased with the ride both on and off road. You need to measure the springs so you can order the correct ones. It is likely 2" but you really need to measure before you do anything.

@Saahil, it looks like @CodaMan and @Rob5589 are taking very good care of you! Great recommendations and I hope you get your Jeep to where you really enjoy it. Sorry about your accident. They can be life-changing.

Want to know how to ride that thing ride smooth as hell?

Get some Rancho RS5000X shocks, set your tire pressure at 26 psi, and make sure you have C or D load range tires (preferably C).

Do that and it will ride smooth as can be. I'm running the same setup and mine rides like you wouldn't believe.

Reactions: CodaMan