2006 Wrangler won't start

Kellogg22

I have a 2006 wrangler with the 4.0L inline 6 jeep wont start but will flash check engine code 10 times before going to a solid light. When I try to start it doesnt make a clicking noise like if the starter was going out. Have checked all of the fuses and they are still good.

Can't you get the codes by quickly turning your key to ON and back to ACC three times? You do not, I repeat do NOT, start your Jeep. It should give you the codes in your dash.

You need to scan it and get the codes. See if you can find someone with an OBDII code scanner. Those codes are going to likely hold the solution to your problem.

If you can't find anyone with one, order a ODBII scan tool like the one I have:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WP4KY24/?tag=wranglerorg-20

You should have one of those for your toolbox anyways. It will work on any vehicle, and it will pay for itself a hundred times over.

Sounds to me then like it's probably a battery issue. I'd take the battery to the auto part store and have them load test it. I would also check the condition of your battery terminal cables as well.

Shot in the dark but could the new starter be bad? Doesnt sound like an ignition issue if it stays running and drives by pop starting.

Even if I am getting proper voltage to all solenoids fuses, to the clutch safety switch, the fuse box, and to the starter. Last night I read a jumper wire from the battery to the starter to check and see if I could get it to start that way. It would crank but it would not turn over at all.

If you’re getting 12v at the starter it’s in the steering column. There are three parts there, all inline; the ignition cylinder, actuator pin and starter switch. My money is on the actuator pin. When you turn the key over you can probably hear a slight click, but nothing. There were no signs indicating a growing problem. No codes. We could push start it. Your case sounds just like mine a month ago. Here’s my thread diagnosing and solving.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/new-spark-plugs-now-it-won’t-start.15168/