25% off Rampage soft tops

This is a great cheap alternative for a first soft top. I got mine for $182 on sale. And at the time that was all I could afford. Others have stated they use them only in the summer months. Mostly down. But there for the occasional rain storm. I've run mine thru most of last winter. If you can call it that in socal. More like seasonal light rain. And into a fairly hot summer now.

But Bestop is way better. If you can afford to save up for even a used one. I'd do it. A bestop will run quietly. And not leak throughout the entire year. Many guys keep them on year round. Even in the north. Where cold, snow and rain prevail.

Rampage has their tops made in China with little to no involvement. I've had to call their head customer service agent. And even she had no clue about my top.

My main complaints have been some leaking. But I have not tested it in a full rain storm. I live in socal. And even in this little rain. I've had leaks. It's also noisey. I don't have a Bestop to compare too. But I was just driving with my 19 yr old son that drives the Jeep frequently when I'm not using it. And he commented correctly that you can barely hold a conversation at freeway speeds. One of my zipper pulls broke during installation. It's made of the cheaper material. I forget the name. But I'd imagine it will last at least a few years. Before either sun bleaching beyond repair. Or something else.

But Bestop in sailcloth or denim. Will get you a damn near lifetime top. Sun bleaching notwithstanding. It will run quieter. Be much more rain proof. And look like a million bucks compared to a Rampage.

But again, if you need a cheap top for right now. Rampage is a good deal. For $182 I didn't have any illusions that it would last forever or be the best top. But it has kept the sun out. And most of the rain. I'm still living with the loud flapping and such. But as soon as I can afford a Bestop that's the direction I'm going.

But Rampages work fine if you don't have that kind of coin to drop on a top. I had many other areas of the Jeep that needed addressing.

Reactions: MaloStapalo