California 3/20 Odessa Doran Loop

Hmmm, I'm thinking Calico for a TJ Fest West 2022? :unsure:

What say you @Chris ?

200.gif

Great day on the trail. Thanks for putting it together.

i had an interesting ride home. At some point yesterday, my e-brake on the passenger side broke inside the rotor. Didn’t cause any problem until I got out on the road at speed. Heard a strange noise so, pulled over before the highway. I could see the cable loose but, thought ‘no big deal, I’ll fix it at home’. Randomly hear the noise on the freeway until I hit a bump and it was clear something was grinding. Limp to the exit and figure out the e-brake shoes were loose inside the rotor. Easy fix, except I was THAT GUY yesterday. I forgot a ratchet strap! Fortunately, I nice guy pulled up in a brand new Rubicon. Said he’s never been offroad. Anyhow, he gave me a strap. Fixed it 10 minutes later.

View attachment 236308
remember that pop while you were anchor point for that one waterfall? ill bet that was it... if you'd have called I coulda come by to help out!

remember that pop while you were anchor point for that one waterfall? ill bet that was it... if you'd have called I coulda come by to help out!
I knew something let loose but, couldn’t find it. I saw the brake cable was loose when I pulled up to your truck to air up. The brake wouldn’t hold. So, the cable wasn’t attached but, assumed it was fine until I got home. My fault for assuming

but ill be closer to moab next year! we'll have to do both...
Also, did my taxes today. The IRS decided they would rather I send them a check instead of buying a tow rig. Looks like I’m keeping this one for a while

Also, did my taxes today. The IRS decided they would rather I send them a check instead of buying a tow rig. Looks like I’m keeping this one for a while
in that case would you be interested in JV this weekend? 🤣

in that case would you be interested in JV this weekend? 🤣
Let me see if I can find the parts I need. Also developed a leak in a tire. No doubt from all the glass. Seriously, for those that plan to drink on the trail, the least you could do is use cans!

Reactions: Bigmac