3 inch lift with 6 inch fender flares: What offset wheels do I need?

JohnJ78

TJ Enthusiast
Got a TJ 2006. I just want the tires to fill out the guards. It's got 2 inch lift plus 40mm coil spacer. Current tires are 33x12.5 but they sit 40mm outside guards, so offset of rims is obviously way out and they need to go. Current rims have no stamping/markings so no idea of offset.

What offset rims do I need?

I'm thinking 32x11.5R15 or 32x12.5R15 on a 15x8 rim. Tire shop said they can order in a -25 offset rim and see how it fits, but I just want to see if anyone else has 6 inch guards with 2-3 inch lift to see what you're running. I think standard guards are 4.5 inch? So mine are 1.5 inches wider than stock. Basically I want the edge of the tire to line up with the outside of the guard. Where I live it's illegal to have tires that stick out past guards.

I don't mind a bit of rubbing at full lock.

Thanks

If you like your tire choice then just buy some Rubicon fender flares. They are two inches wider than normal TJ flares. 40 mm is about 1.5 inches so everything should tuck in nicely. They are easily available new by several brands. That way you can keep your rims, keep your tires, and get nice shiny new flares to show off your ride.👍