3 inch suspension lift with 2 inch body lift?

gatertamer

Mud dauber
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
probably been asked a hundred times...but are there any major mods to do if I want to install a 2 inch body lift with a recently installed 3 inch suspension lift with transfer case drop...……. 2000 tj 4.0L automatic

Welcome aboard! I'm in Everett, Wa. Just wanted to let you know that you'll find most on this forum seem to limit the body lifts to 1", with 1.25" being pretty much the max. Others will surely chime in as to why, beyond the general aesthetics. There may be one or two members who have mentioned having a 2" BL, but it is rare, indeed. Why do you want to go with a 2" body lift, if I may ask?

thank you...just raised it 3 inches didn't think it was enough. I know if you bl it too much there are some big changes and wanted to avoid those.just wondering how much higher I can go without all the mods.

I believe an MML (motor mount lift) and a transfer case cable shifter conversion are two common things you'll need to do, as well as extending the fuel filler neck (hose). The fan shroud might need to be modified (its position) with a 2" lift. Again, I haven't done one myself, but there are definitely lots of folks on here who have. Do a thread search on Body Lifts, and you'll likely come across lots of info on the subject.

Reactions: JMT
I believe an MML (motor mount lift) and a transfer case cable shifter conversion are two common things you'll need to do, as well as extending the fuel filler neck (hose). The fan shroud might need to be modified (its position) with a 2" lift. Again, I haven't done one myself, but there are definitely lots of folks on here who have. Do a thread search on Body Lifts, and you'll likely come across lots of info on the subject.
probably just go with the inch and a half to be safe thanks

What are you trying to accomplish? I know you said you added a lift and didn’t get enough, but why do you need more?

If I were you I’d add a 1-1.25” body lift and a 1” spacer on top of my coils to get the desired lift.

Would there be more mods needed? Yes. SYE and DC, rear Upper CA’s, MML, TCase shifter.

Another option would be to forego the body lift and run a high line fender like JCR, MC, GENRIGHT.

What are you trying to accomplish? I know you said you added a lift and didn’t get enough, but why do you need more?

If I were you I’d add a 1-1.25” body lift and a 1” spacer on top of my coils to get the desired lift.

Would there be more mods needed? Yes. SYE and DC, rear Upper CA’s, MML, TCase shifter.

Another option would be to forego the body lift and run a high line fender like JCR, MC, GENRIGHT.
Just wanted to get as much ground clearance as i could for as little headache as possible. For an everyday driver.... got plans for 33's wanted the room

Just wanted to get as much ground clearance as i could for as little headache as possible. For an everyday driver.... got plans for 33's wanted the room
4” is perfect for 33’s. So your 3” lift paired with a 1” body lift is the perfect combination. If you add a 1” motor mount lift you can probably lose the TCase drop and be vibe free. ;)

Currie 1” body lift
Brown Dog 1” motor mount lift
~$285

4” is perfect for 33’s. So your 3” lift paired with a 1” body lift is the perfect combination. If you add a 1” motor mount lift you can probably lose the TCase drop and be vibe free. ;)

Currie 1” body lift
Brown Dog 1” motor mount lift
~$285
Second time i heard that...sounds easiest...... thanks

Reactions: JMT
Second time i heard that...sounds easiest...... thanks
Definitely easiest. The bonus is that setup would set you up for a tummy tuck down the road if you ever wanted one. Best of luck to you. And post up some pics if you have a mind to.