31X10.5 Tires on Grizzlys: Fender Flare Question

Choppa

Greetings from Ibiza from a noob :) My Jeep is from the UK but now kept in Spain on Spanish plates.

2001 RHD - (UK model) 60th Anniversary Edition Wrangler TJ. It's had a suspension lift - I think of 2.5 inches. Wheels are 15” x 7” factory Grizzly wheels - (my guess from a bit of web research) They were swapped over
from the 16" that the UK Anniversary's shipped with when the shop did my lift about 6 years ago.

Tyres are Cooper Discoverer STT PRO LT 31 x 10.5. Fender flares are factory colour coded 4.5” wide.

If any of you guys could help me on something I would really appreciate it? At the moment the tyres protrude around 1” past the flares but I think the wheels maybe have spacers on. I’ve read somewhere that with my Tyre/Wheel configuration it should be possible to keep the tyres within the fender flare which I need to do to comply with the code here. Please can anyone advise if this is actually possible or do I have to get bigger flares which I really don't want to do.

PS the shop that did the work has closed otherwise I would be bugging them and not you guys ;)

Many thanks for all help given in advance and so much I've already had by just reading this forum! :applaudit:

TJ%202001_1.jpg

TJ%202001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeep9748
Are you sure you have a spacer? If so you may be able to remove it with the 10.5" tires and slightly adjust your steering stops to prevent any rubbing.

@Choppa it looks like you have Sahara. The fenders and body trim are what Sahara edition came with. Along with those wheels and yes they are grizzlys. I have the exact same setup, minus the lift on my 97 Sahara. Mine is green and yours silver. Anyways, my wheels do not stick out at all. So I would check for a spacer.

Greetings from Ibiza from a noob :) My Jeep is from the UK but now kept in Spain on Spanish plates.

2001 RHD - (UK model) 60th Anniversary Edition Wrangler TJ. It's had a suspension lift - I think of 2.5 inches. Wheels are 15” x 7” factory Grizzly wheels - (my guess from a bit of web research) They were swapped over
from the 16" that the UK Anniversary's shipped with when the shop did my lift about 6 years ago.

Tyres are Cooper Discoverer STT PRO LT 31 x 10.5. Fender flares are factory colour coded 4.5” wide.

If any of you guys could help me on something I would really appreciate it? At the moment the tyres protrude around 1” past the flares but I think the wheels maybe have spacers on. I’ve read somewhere that with my Tyre/Wheel configuration it should be possible to keep the tyres within the fender flare which I need to do to comply with the code here. Please can anyone advise if this is actually possible or do I have to get bigger flares which I really don't want to do.

PS the shop that did the work has closed otherwise I would be bugging them and not you guys ;)

Many thanks for all help given in advance and so much I've already had by just reading this forum! :applaudit:

View attachment 55968
Do you have a photo from the front of the wheel looking rearward, so we can see how much the tire is out from the flare?

OK - thanks for all your help and comments guys. Here is my update: Yes my Grizzly wheels have spacers on - I think 1.5 inch but I haven't taken the wheels off yet to measure.
I've just come back from the meeting with the Spanish technical engineer who checked the legal flare/tyre coverage (with the spacers still on as obviously I'd like to keep them as it looks better). The crazy thing - as maybe some of you already know - one side was within the legal limits and on the other side the tyre stuck out by 1 inch - the engineer said this is normal with Wranglers and the chassis are always off centre!
So what to do - I'm guessing taking the spacers off on one side is a massive no no!?

being the fender flares are color matched..indicates that the model Is Sahara or higher. The sahara model flares are 4 inches wide along with color matched. Those grizzly wheels and the flares will fit as I have a 97 with the same wheels and flares and its stock. so there should be no issues with protrusion past the flares...

Sahara hood 2.JPG

Let us know whether you find spacers or not. What's odd is your photo shows the left rear tire out more than the right rear. When TJs are lifted, that usually shifts the rear axle over to the right, and the right rear tire will stick out more. Yours is the opposite, which does not make sense, all things being stock, wheel-wise. Unless UK TJs have a rear track bar that mounts the opposite direction...