31x12.5 Rear + 31x10.5 Front?

sandplasma

Hi all,

I came upon a great deal for 3 great condition tires of size 31x12.5 Pro Comps so I jumped on them since I already have a set of 15x7 AR Wheels. Little did I know this size is near impossible to find so I decided it might be a good idea to find two other procomps of size 31x10.5 for the front and use two of the three 12.5s in rear. Keep the extra one in case I get a flat.

I looked at tire calculators and find the the circumference is only off by 0.2%. This shouldn't cause any issues if I go wheeling would it? I mean the 4x4 would only be active at that time. I don't use it too much.

Reactions: Nuggsfan
Interesting question. As long as height is close, and you said it is, it should work. It will certainly look weird. As you found, sometimes a great deal, isn't.

It's going to look weird, that's for sure. But, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I can't foresee any issues other than maybe having better traction in the rear when airing down.

Maybe add some wheel spacers to the front 10.5's to get them to look closer to the 12.5's

Reactions: Chris
Yes that's definitely an option. I couldn't pass it up. 3 near new tires for $50 total. Crazy. I'll post pics when I get this done.

Post some photos of it when you get the tires on. I'm mainly curious as to how it will look.